Discontinued German Syntec Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, simply, the source for importation has dried-up. Not that it matters, but we've see domestic PAO formulation go the way of the Dodo bird. Likely the Euro oils are going down the same path. It's just no longer and probally never was cost-effective beyond being a "halo" product for Castrol.

Good bye old friend.
patriot.gif

I think it's premature to say that German Syntec has been discontinued. While some, or all, AutoZones in the US may not longer be carrying it, it is available in Canada at 3 major retailers including Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, and Parts Source. If it was discontinued due to the "PAO Theory" then we couldn't buy it here in Canada.

Well, I don't know if it's discontinued or not. But I feel strongly enough about GC that I am storing it on the top shelf of my liquor cabinet right next to my bottles of Wild Turkey 101 proof Bourbon!

Quote:

Anyone called or emailed Castrol or Autozone corporate?

Yes. Some one on BITOG emailed Autozone, and I remember he posted the reply.

It was something like, "this oil represents less than 1% of our total oil sales & we have decided to no longer carry/stock it."

basically, they wanted something that sold better to occupy the same shelf space.

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone called or emailed Castrol or Autozone corporate?

Yes. Some one on BITOG emailed Autozone, and I remember he posted the reply.

It was something like, "this oil represents less than 1% of our total oil sales & we have decided to no longer carry/stock it."

basically, they wanted something that sold better to occupy the same shelf space.

Makes sense. With the $4.49 oil deal going around right now, my Autozone is cleaned out of their castrol stock except for a very healthy supply of 20+ bottles of 0w30 and 5w50 that has been sitting there for at least a year or two. That being said, I purchased a fresh case of GC from there about a month ago and that stock hasn't been replenished.

Dave

Quote:

Well, I don't know if it's discontinued or not. But I feel strongly enough about GC that I am storing it on the top shelf of my liquor cabinet right next to my bottles of Wild Turkey 101 proof Bourbon!

GC is so good that even that Turkey will go down smoother from just sitting next to it....
On topic, all the local AZ's are out of GC, and not restocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back