Disc brake slider pin rubber thingy- dooeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: big_guy

Google up Pete's Paints Car Quest in Leamington. There website gives you the password and link to there parts look up.

I was at Pete's in person today.
They were some of folks trying to sell me $50.00 kits.

Personally I only use Pete's when I am stuck. But it's nice to look up there prices online. There's not very many Canadian places that let you do that! Then I can see how much I am saving by buying in the U.S.
Good Luck.

Too many post/replies to read so, IDK if this has been covered!

DO NOT USE regular greece on the slider pins as this will deteriorate the rubber sleeves. USE ONLY PROPER BRAKE CALIPER GREECE PRODUCTS! As most/all are silicone/synthetic and will not deteriorate the rubber sleeves/bushings on the brake parts(sliders, bushing etc.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Too many post/replies to read so, IDK if this has been covered!

DO NOT USE regular greece on the slider pins as this will deteriorate the rubber sleeves. USE ONLY PROPER BRAKE CALIPER GREECE PRODUCTS! As most/all are silicone/synthetic and will not deteriorate the rubber sleeves/bushings on the brake parts(sliders, bushing etc.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to use Greece on the caliper slide pins... If somehow you could actually manage it though, I'm pretty sure you would have some pretty irritated Greeks on your hands.

Papa Bear- if you order that kit, be wary of the accordion looking boots- some of them won't properly press back in the caliper as they're too small. If your originals are still in good shape and you haven't already removed them, I advise that you don't if you can help it.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I don't buy many things from Greece myself. Maybe a gyro every now and then, but I'm pretty sure even that is made here. I don't trust my brakes to any Greece products...only stuff made in the United States. Like Sil-Glyde.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back