Disappointed with Sound Bar

I picked up a Samsung TC45C sounbar $200.00 with woofer. Installed it and ehh it is weak at best. Thinking it was the TV I connected it to my phone and ran a few minutes of Linkin Park through I Heart Radio. Nogo! Back it goes!

Question is what is the solution? Master bedroom Samsung 700 series 48" or a 50" screen (can't remember and not going to measure it.) When I have my skirt on and I'm cleaning the upstairs I'd like to have a little volume! I'm getting old (48) but ain't there yet! I would like bluetooth for ipod or phone and like to have youtube running Jordan Peterson, Tony Robbins, Joe Rogan, or a live concert.

I am not limited to a sound bar and open to suggestions......

I listened to a Bose sound bar at WalMart last Christmas, and it blew me away. You'll hear it, believe me. The people down the street will hear it.

Do you have the bluetooth volume on the source device cranked up?

Jordan Peterson is a smart guy. Seems to be very misunderstood. But I digress. Yours is the first bad review I've read about a soundbar. I researched them a couple years ago. Repurposed some old school stereo speakers for my application but the soundbars all got good reviews.

I picked up a Samsung TC45C sounbar $200.00 with woofer. Installed it and ehh it is weak at best. Thinking it was the TV I connected it to my phone and ran a few minutes of Linkin Park through I Heart Radio. Nogo! Back it goes!

Question is what is the solution? Master bedroom Samsung 700 series 48" or a 50" screen (can't remember and not going to measure it.) When I have my skirt on and I'm cleaning the upstairs I'd like to have a little volume! I'm getting old (48) but ain't there yet! I would like bluetooth for ipod or phone and like to have youtube running Jordan Peterson, Tony Robbins, Joe Rogan, or a live concert.

Paradigm makes a very nice powered soundbar that would likely fit the bill. Sonos also makes one that I've used and it's quite good as well.

Do you have room for active bookshelf speakers?

Here is a set of small ones:

Or this if you have more space (no BT though):

Another option. These come with a remote:

Last edited:
Pumps out some volume?
Both of them do, yes.

Here is the Paradigm:

135W RMS, so not too shabby! It's been discontinued, but you may be able to find one still. This is the one I've heard in person.

They also have:

which has a sub, but overall output is lower.

This one looks identical to the PW and must have the same amps, as the power figures are the same, and it's also better priced:

Do you have the bluetooth volume on the source device cranked up?

Jordan Peterson is a smart guy. Seems to be very misunderstood. But I digress. Yours is the first bad review I've read about a soundbar. I researched them a couple years ago. Repurposed some old school stereo speakers for my application but the soundbars all got good reviews.

Yes Sir. Checked it against the TV at full volume. To be clear the sound bar is very clear and the quality of sound is excellent. It's just not very loud. We have a larger Samsung tied to the living room TV and that one dies an excellent job. It is 7 speaker bar though.

looks like you just need to step up a couple models.
thats rated 260w max and most is the sub. so maybe 20real watts on the soundbar.

Seems to be a common complaint with Samsung sound bars. You can get a Vizio 5.1 on sale this time of year for $149. We just bought two for our older kids but won’t be hooked up till after Christmas. Great write ups on it though.
When we were first shopping we did buy the Samsung and it was funny that’s a lady who checks out your stuff at the door at Sam’s Club said someone just returned one of those complaining it’s not loud enough. I also noticed that in some of the consumer reviews. If you’re in the return period Why not just return it, try out the Visio 5.1. Or even the Visio 2.1.

We returned the Samsung simply because of the great price on the Visio and really good write ups.

I got a LG soundbar with 'woofer a few years back running off LG TV and they work great, connected via optical cable that was included with subwoofer.
Soundbars can differ a lot in sound sig and power, do a little research and then check them out in store, buy one and test at home to confirm you like it, that's all.

I have a Samsung bar hooked up to a Samsung TV.
It's way loud at a setting of 20.
And I dont know how much higher it will go.

My friend went through like 3 soundbars before he found one off Amazon that met his likening. If you're interested it's this one here...

I'm still rocking out my Bose solo tv sound stand it's going on 9 or 10 years and still kicking its amazing the depth and clarity it produces. When it poops the bed I'll upgrade to a sound bar so I can wall mount my tv

I just purchased the JBL 5.1 soundbar with a 10" sub and it rocks the house, plugged into my new Sony 75" 4K tv.

I have a Samsung bar hooked up to a Samsung TV.
It's way loud at a setting of 20.
And I dont know how much higher it will go.

Samsung manufacturers many different sound bars. I have a 7 speaker Samsung sounbar and subwoofer connected to a larger living room TV and it is just right. The TC45C sounds excellent but sound output is weak.

Thanks for all the help. I went to BestBuy and listened to a few of them. I ended up taking an open box (floor model):

SAMSUNG HW-Q900T 7.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos/DTS:X

Paid $700 ($1100 NIB) with mid-January return timeframe. Sounded great in the store. I'll know if it's what I want pretty quickly. Couldn't resist the price reduction. Has a minor surface scratch on top of the bar. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

Malo83: They had a JLB 5.1 and a 9.1 on display. The 5.1 was indeed impressive for the cost.

Thanks for all the help. I went to BestBuy and listened to a few of them. I ended up taking an open box (floor model):

Paid $700 ($1100 NIB) with mid-January return timeframe. Sounded great in the store. I'll know if it's what I want pretty quickly. Couldn't resist the price reduction. Has a minor surface scratch on top of the bar. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

Malo83: They had a JLB 5.1 and a 9.1 on display. The 5.1 was indeed impressive for the cost.
If it sounded great in the store and you still have the same problem it's your set up.
I have my bar connected with an optical cable.
No problems.
I looked up that bar and it looks like it's a killer,hope it works out for you.

Wanted to take a moment and say this sound bar is impressive. I was leery as it was an open box but everything was present. Connected immediately and before I could go to settings on the Samsung TV we were good to go. I used an optical cable. Sound quality is very good with TV and IPOD and it's LOUD!

Back