Disappointed with New Knife

may B a 'seconds' dished out by the co, to a reseller.

Think bout the local Atty General's office (Consumer Protection Division) and
gather all the documents U can (weather electronic or hard copy). Many today
sella pic, nothing more. We dont find out till taking delivery or a lill later. No boxes
hit the trash @ my shop till the customer pays & sees the removed/broken/worn out (if
they want) in said box. Same policy nxt dor @ house BUT... I often do not open the box till
well after the delivery has been taken (days but not wks). A very few go back (I still open w/
exacting patients so as to easily repack AND easily recycle... if not). Just my modus operandi
after several mistakes~

I spent 23 bucks on a NICE Smith and Wesson unit, locked in a case at Walmart. I only put the minorest of imperfection knick on the blade.. correct me if I'm wrong but Smith and Wesson makes some of their stuff either some are all of it in Florida.

I would have to go out to my car to take a picture of it however I wouldn't mind sharing it's a very quality knife it feels heavy it locks open and I honestly thought it was going to be a gimmick like not really made bikes with and Wesson but this particular one they were advertising the thickness of the steel and the type of it and it actually feels like I got a good unit. It doesn't have holes in the blade or any of that other stuff it's got a good solid feel to it that I would imagine that you want in a knife. I definitely chose it over a Buck knife.

Yes it is used as a cutting apparatus at work. The lock open could technically be seen as an extra step but I have to be careful and not put scratches in my car door because I have it on my leg and I tend to forget it is there and my battle with the scratches it's still ongoing. The knife I take it off when I go into somewhere like a plasma center otherwise I just leave it on nobody seems to care.

Overall I have a really good review of The Knife I'm talking about the only complaint I would be is it seems like it will get dirty easily but so what it's designed to be used for work however I would prefer if it was black or something. I'll share a picture of it tomorrow as a point of reference.

As to not liking it, I feel like this may one of those things where you bought it you opened it you own it.. sure, everyone expects that the store has to take it back but that's maybe for an unopened thing with the receipt because how is the store supposed to resell that thing. I honestly don't know how most of these stores are even in business.

I spent 23 bucks on a NICE Smith and Wesson unit, locked in a case at Walmart. I only put the minorest of imperfection knick on the blade.. correct me if I'm wrong but Smith and Wesson makes some of their stuff either some are all of it in Florida.
factory in Spfld, MA just like many an industry (Industrial Revolution's start) till the arbitrage of the '70s. Indian Motorcycle till after the 2nd war, early cars (Stanley steamer, production of all the Duryea - 1st gas run car usa), Spaulding sports, 1st Armory in US, Springfield Rifle won the war, Dr Seuss, basketball, volleyball and LOTS of machinery making machinery (world's best/1st - for 300 yrs)

The net has changed perchase'n sales. I'd agree w/ya but not here. He did not get to see in person, handle and realize the workins (not). AND they take back everything as insentive for U 2 buy (but think U might not send back).

Last edited:

I would have to go out to my car to take a picture of it however I wouldn't mind sharing it's a very quality knife it feels heavy it locks open and I honestly thought it was going to be a gimmick like not really made bikes with and Wesson but this particular one they were advertising the thickness of the steel and the type of it and it actually feels like I got a good unit. It doesn't have holes in the blade or any of that other stuff it's got a good solid feel to it that I would imagine that you want in a knife. I definitely chose it over a Buck knife.

Yes it is used as a cutting apparatus at work. The lock open could technically be seen as an extra step but I have to be careful and not put scratches in my car door because I have it on my leg and I tend to forget it is there and my battle with the scratches it's still ongoing. The knife I take it off when I go into somewhere like a plasma center otherwise I just leave it on nobody seems to care.

Overall I have a really good review of The Knife I'm talking about the only complaint I would be is it seems like it will get dirty easily but so what it's designed to be used for work however I would prefer if it was black or something. I'll share a picture of it tomorrow as a point of reference.

As to not liking it, I feel like this may one of those things where you bought it you opened it you own it.. sure, everyone expects that the store has to take it back but that's maybe for an unopened thing with the receipt because how is the store supposed to resell that thing. I honestly don't know how most of these stores are even in business.
Many S&W knives I had in the mid to early 00s had such poor steel quality I could never get a good edge on them. Gerber (aside from one assisted opening one I spent extra money on) was the same way. Kershaw, Cold Steel, and Spyderco are the knives I go to when I need a quality blade at a price that doesn't make me scared to use it. I also have a KA-BAR mule that I use as a "beater knife" around the shop, the fine grained Aus-8A steel takes a razor sharp edge and resharpens very easily.

Many S&W knives I had in the mid to early 00s had such poor steel quality I could never get a good edge on them. Gerber (aside from one assisted opening one I spent extra money on) was the same way. Kershaw, Cold Steel, and Spyderco are the knives I go to when I need a quality blade at a price that doesn't make me scared to use it. I also have a KA-BAR mule that I use as a "beater knife" around the shop, the fine grained Aus-8A steel takes a razor sharp edge and resharpens very easily.
I would have to go back to store and see if they have another.. the one that I'm using right now made advertisements about the kind of steel that it used much like a DeLorean I just don't remember what it said.

I will admit that I have speed read this thread, but I take it that OP is the satisfied with the quality of a knife so I thought I would share the one that I have it is of at least decent quality I use it for cutting plastic off pallets and also other packaging.

I'm sure a $23 knife at Walmart does not have the quality of other nicer ones like Kabar, however this one feels heavy in the hand which is to say solid which is to say good. Here is what I am talking about.

20221005_055411.jpg
20221005_055327.jpg
20221005_055323.jpg
20221005_055358.jpg
20221005_055349.jpg

Attachments

• 20221005_055354.jpg
    20221005_055354.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221005_055358.jpg
    20221005_055358.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
we got quite a range here: less than 20$ to over 250$
The display'n use knife should go back as it's at the higher end of this range AND internet bought.
It is DEFECTIVE.
Document the return so as to have "paper work" to cover ur a$$ for these guys. Include a letter (unfortunately called
'a demand ltr') that simply states "its defective, not as advertised, you give them 2 wks (or whatever short time) to get back to U abt when the $ will come back or a non-defective knife as advertised". Save a copy, post an e-mail to consumer protection. (They R so overwhelmed by stuff like this they may not help - a post from them duz wonders @ these retailers) but again, keeping hard copies is everything.

I’m disappointed, too. The picture you show doesn’t have nearly the fit/finish of the example on the website. Even if it worked properly, I would be disappointed in that knife; the wood doesn’t fit well, the “engraving“ is merely cast in detail, and while the Damascus blade looks great, the rest of the knife falls short.

I would return it for being defective - and apply the cash to another brand.

Amazon is (I believe) worth the risk to an educated consumer. I simply send back what's not right. I think that knife was nowhere near the quality portrayed on the website. Like many here, I am a stickler for quality. When one wants to own something nice, it had better be nice!

Amazon is (I believe) worth the risk to an educated consumer. I simply send back what's not right. I think that knife was nowhere near the quality portrayed on the website. Like many here, I am a stickler for quality. When one wants to own something nice, it had better be nice!
I agree 100% Cujet

Back