Disappointed with New Knife

Al

Bought a NedFoss Knife. It does not "lock" open. It looks like its supposed to but the internal spring loaded retainer just does not engage. They did not respond after a week. I will wind up sending it back to Amazon. I don't have the original bux. We'll see.
71SkP7tXDML._SL1600_.jpg

I had to look up this knife. It has a liner lock. Those are usually trouble free. Check for anything that would prevent the lock from engaging.

Was this sold by Ned Foss thru Amazon or a third party?

Well the QC on their website isn't good so maybe it isn't on their products. They made a typo on their own name on the about us page.

I had to look up this knife. It has a liner lock. Those are usually trouble free. Check for anything that would prevent the lock from engaging.

Was this sold by Ned Foss thru Amazon or a third party?
Amazon. The "liner lock"? just needs filed off at where it engages the knife. Just not accessible

Is this it?

The one it the pictures looks much nicer.

A couple of things stand out. First, leather is misspelled. Not a good look. Second, a brass ball bearing pivot doesn’t sound very durable. Pivots have to be strong to endure the opening and closing.

You may not appreciate the price point but I found this one years ago and has served me well. They also come in a non-auto version for about $50 less. Durable, great steel, retains edge well. Comfortable to carry as well. Not small but not large, just right!

I “think” the original box requirement is for cases where people return items they just don’t like. In your case, the knife is defective and dangerous and returning it in the original box would just allow them to more easily resell it to someone else.

Let us know how it works out.

Back