disappointed in Griots 3-1 ceramic wax durability

i finished my bottle of TW S&S and decided to try the griots. i applied it as instructed with 2 coats . this was a month ago. today i go wash my car and its flat. no more beading . i expect it to last at least a few months like TW . quite disappointed

Elbow grease + paste carnauba = bigly win.

Focus on equality of work, rather than equality of outcome.

i finished my bottle of TW S&S and decided to try the griots. i applied it as instructed with 2 coats . this was a month ago. today i go wash my car and its flat. no more beading . i expect it to last at least a few months like TW . quite disappointed

How much time between coats?

Was the surface decontaminated with clay before application?

Did you use enough product? Inadequate product will cause poor durability.

Ceramic products also have an issue with contaminants "sticking" to the surface; if you wait too long between washes, the contaminants will mask the beading properties.

Ceramic products also have an issue with contaminants "sticking" to the surface; if you wait too long between washes, the contaminants will mask the beading properties.

It requires a 24 hour curing period between coats according to Griots but if your car is outside that leaves you at the mercy of the elements.

Also, it’s a good idea to keep shaking the bottle as you apply it. I notice the wax component tends to separate out after a short while.

no need to decontaminate as my car is very clean . i don't know how much is enough. i sprayed it on there and took a terry cloth apllicator and worked into the panel. i wash my car almost every week unless the weather is bad.

i just can't figure it out. it was nice and smooth and beaded well intially and then today its flat. even after clean the surface i spray water on it and it remained flat. i like griots stuff and this is the first time one of their products did not seem to work .

It requires a 24 hour curing period between coats according to Griots but if your car is outside that leaves you at the mercy of the elements.

Also, it’s a good idea to keep shaking the bottle as you apply it. I notice the wax component tends to separate out after a short while.
even though this vehicle is parked outside, i parked it in my garage for the 24 hr cure time . so it was nice and dry

I did mine first part of November. It still shines and beads though it is not as robust as it was at the beginning.

i am going to put another 2 coats on it and see how long it last. if its the same i am going to get more S&S

I washed my pickups this past November as well, followed up with them blue bottles of Meguiar's spray ceramic stuff.

I discovered these a couple winters back.

Yesterday, after a heavy rain washed off the winter road salt, all the paint jobs still bead water like crazy.

Good enough for me.

Keep trying. Griots 3 in 1 is one of my favorite products. Gives a great shine, easy to apply and I've gotten good results. 4-5 months in NY Winter sitting outside. Of course it's not as good towards the end but it's there.

I like the Griots 3 in 1 but I have also noticed the durability is not that good. The gloss is better then some other products I have used so maybe more gloss was at the expense of durability. I get about 3 months before it's ready to be reapplied. When I do the old fashioned wax/sealer job I get 4-6 months so I have no problem doing the spray on ceramic every 3 months because it is easier then the old way.

I like the Griots 3 in 1 but I have also noticed the durability is not that good. The gloss is better then some other products I have used so maybe more gloss was at the expense of durability. I get about 3 months before it's ready to be reapplied. When I do the old fashioned wax/sealer job I get 4-6 months so I have no problem doing the spray on ceramic every 3 months because it is easier than the old way.

I wonder if these new formulations take into account of variations between paint finish manufactures or if it’s truly an all makes & models.

that could be a possibility as to why some products do great for some people then some don’t. Like I’ve had good luck with meguiar’s FF on a dodge but can’t seem to make that stuff last more than a few weeks on a Subaru or Toyota. All cars follow the same treatment(wash, clay, alcohol wipe, apply).

I wonder if these new formulations take into account of variations between paint finish manufactures or if it’s truly an all makes & models.

that could be a possibility as to why some products do great for some people then some don’t. Like I’ve had good luck with meguiar’s FF on a dodge but can’t seem to make that stuff last more than a few weeks on a Subaru or Toyota. All cars follow the same treatment(wash, clay, alcohol wipe, apply).

It should be the same regardless of the make of vehicle. Obviously certain colors will display shine better like black versus silver for example. Durability should be equal.

I really like it, but you need to clay bar and get a good base coat of wax down for it work really well. I didn't do that on truck and it did work as well as the other 3 cars were I spent some time prepping.

I really like it, but you need to clay bar and get a good base coat of wax down for it work really well. I didn't do that on truck and it did work as well as the other 3 cars were I spent some time prepping.

Do you wax first before applying the Griots?

Back