Dirty Injectors

"...it may pay to add one inline using fittings not rubber hose with screw clamps."

Why? Is it because solvents which someone may add will dissolve the rubber?

Think you could take a wild guess on the condition of my injectors? A 2005 gm 4.8L with 200k miles, run with nothing but top tier (company Esso gas card) since at least 100k miles. It used to get premium no ethanol (which has higher amount of pea) once every few months (only when we were purchasing gas for the 2 stroke hammer drill). I've ran a few tanks with gumout regane since I attained the truck.

It has slightly lean fuel trims (5-15% positive) and they sound slightly louder than I thought they used to be.

No inline fuel filter, just in the sending unit which was replaced when it rusted out at 160k. It runs pretty good, just a very slightly rough idle sometimes, but no actual misfires.

"...it may pay to add one inline using fittings not rubber hose with screw clamps."

Why? Is it because solvents which someone may add will dissolve the rubber?
Pressure and susceptible to cuts. With fuel injector hose and injector clamps you could make it work okay but I prefer to have it firmly in the line.

Back