Directional WiFi beaming?

Ok, so bring it home and plug it into my router direct?

Why does the extra hops over the powerline ethernet and antennas make a difference?
Just trying to rule out anything that might prevent it from completing the update or recovering. Once it's back up you can of course hook it back up where it was.

Just trying to rule out anything that might prevent it from completing the update or recovering. Once it's back up you can of course hook it back up where it was.
I brought it home and hooked it up. This morning both lights are on and the SSID is broadcasting. So I suspect it was a failed update. I haven’t actually connected to it to see what speeds I get through at home.

I get reasonable speeds at the remote location. But I wonder if there’s enough variability in the connection when beaming that it made a corruption of an update.

I brought it home and hooked it up. This morning both lights are on and the SSID is broadcasting. So I suspect it was a failed update. I haven’t actually connected to it to see what speeds I get through at home.

I get reasonable speeds at the remote location. But I wonder if there’s enough variability in the connection when beaming that it made a corruption of an update.
That's what I'm guessing, it tried to pull in the update file and it didn't succeed.

Glad to hear it's back to working again :)

That's what I'm guessing, it tried to pull in the update file and it didn't succeed.

Glad to hear it's back to working again :)
Not quite working.

I ran a test on the Aruba when at home. It got me about full speed on the download and about 3/4 on the upload. My fiber is the same down and up.

BE6683A1-8789-4F76-9EFF-81AD05E73836.png

I power cycled both antennas. They see each other, both are at full power. My house transmits full and the receive side sees 1-2 out of 4 bars consistently, occasionally 3.

This is no different than it has been since I started putting the system together, and remember it has worked more or less fully reliably, since I got it all connected back in early July. I’ve done nothing to any part of the system.

Connected and turned the Aruba back on at the site and flashing green until it goes amber. No wifi ssid, no nothing.

I need to connect Ethernet right to the antenna I guess. It has to be something wrong with the antenna connections or the powerline Ethernet I have to the house side antenna. All show that they’re connected, working fine, and they’ve all been power cycled.

Not quite working.

I ran a test on the Aruba when at home. It got me about full speed on the download and about 3/4 on the upload. My fiber is the same down and up.

View attachment 122632

I power cycled both antennas. They see each other, both are at full power. My house transmits full and the receive side sees 1-2 out of 4 bars consistently, occasionally 3.

This is no different than it has been since I started putting the system together, and remember it has worked more or less fully reliably, since I got it all connected back in early July. I’ve done nothing to any part of the system.

Connected and turned the Aruba back on at the site and flashing green until it goes amber. No wifi ssid, no nothing.

I need to connect Ethernet right to the antenna I guess. It has to be something wrong with the antenna connections or the powerline Ethernet I have to the house side antenna. All show that they’re connected, working fine, and they’ve all been power cycled.
Sounds like the POE adapter might be failing if it doesn't complete boot.

Sounds like the POE adapter might be failing if it doesn't complete boot.
It completely boots. I have a power supply and brought the whole assembly home where it worked and I ran the speedtest.

Something is irregular. After maybe an hour, it came back on for a bit, then it went back offline.

Currently working. Very strange. Dont really know why it took so long and multiple restarts when I put it back in place. I actually left because it had gone amber twice despite the antenna appearing to work and connect every time it power cycled.

I’m not sure what happened, maybe it was just a faulty update with something else funny with the antenna connection also happening??

2CC534F2-DFEF-48E7-9FBD-EE64B8E3DC8E.jpeg

My Wyze cam is my test for a working connection when I’m not nearby. It’s working for now.

It completely boots. I have a power supply and brought the whole assembly home where it worked and I ran the speedtest.

Something is irregular. After maybe an hour, it came back on for a bit, then it went back offline.

Currently working. Very strange. Dont really know why it took so long and multiple restarts when I put it back in place. I actually left because it had gone amber twice despite the antenna appearing to work and connect every time it power cycled.

I’m not sure what happened, maybe it was just a faulty update with something else funny with the antenna connection also happening??

View attachment 122642

My Wyze cam is my test for a working connection when I’m not nearby. It’s working for now.
That's really weird. Are there any alerts in the app?

That's really weird. Are there any alerts in the app?
Nope. Just says site unreachable, and unit offline.

Consistent with it being disconnected from the antenna.

Thing is, I’d occasionally get these alerts in the last. And usually by the time I went into the Wyze app to test connectivity with my little cam, it was working again. That is weird here is that it would time out/throw the amber light and not recover…

Nope. Just says site unreachable, and unit offline.

Consistent with it being disconnected from the antenna.

Thing is, I’d occasionally get these alerts in the last. And usually by the time I went into the Wyze app to test connectivity with my little cam, it was working again. That is weird here is that it would time out/throw the amber light and not recover…
And how are you powering it? Just curious. In your position I'd typically use a cheap little PoE switch, like a Trendnet or something.

Back