Direction injection fuel dilution solution 🤡

I doubt youd have any issues with fuel dilution on your fancy turbo/di automobile with this great product from Witco Corporation.

Attachments

• 20210313_151636.jpg
    20210313_151636.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 106
Maybe this should be moved to the humor section?
"Kendall® GT-1 Competition Motor Oil, Nitro 70, is a high-quality automotive engine oil specially formulated for use in nitromethane- and alcohol- fueled drag racing vehicles. It is not recommended for use in passenger cars or light trucks."

Is it formulated to mitigate LSPI?
also doesnt carry needed approvals.

Maybe this should be moved to the humor section?
"Kendall® GT-1 Competition Motor Oil, Nitro 70, is a high-quality automotive engine oil specially formulated for use in nitromethane- and alcohol- fueled drag racing vehicles. It is not recommended for use in passenger cars or light trucks."

Is it formulated to mitigate LSPI?
also doesnt carry needed approvals.
Isn't LSPI in part caused by oil evaporating off the cylinder walls, I have a feeling straight 70 weight oil probably doesn't evaporate too readily in the conditions of a passenger car or light truck motor.

I think I used that stuff 20 years ago in a Merkur XR4Ti that put out a lot of steam in the exhaust from probably a bad head gasket. I figured if I ran it without water it wouldn't steam, but to prevent it from seizing from the oil thining out, I put in the 70 weight. It only had to run maybe 10 minutes max to get through the auction lane, and I went for 10 minute road tests beforehand to make sure. The only issue was below 60F it would crank so slow it would be hard to start.

I think I used that stuff 20 years ago in a Merkur XR4Ti that put out a lot of steam in the exhaust from probably a bad head gasket. I figured if I ran it without water it wouldn't steam, but to prevent it from seizing from the oil thining out, I put in the 70 weight. It only had to run maybe 10 minutes max to get through the auction lane, and I went for 10 minute road tests beforehand to make sure. The only issue was below 60F it would crank so slow it would be hard to start.
I used to know a car dealer who "fixed" a lot of bad engines with This stuff.

How? Because it’s so thick?
Yes. A case of Kendall was cheaper than an engine. This oil's intended purpose was to hold up to the extreme fuel dilution of nitromethane fueled drag car engines. It found use as a band aid in severely worn engines and worked quite well as such. Of course, you didn't used to have to special order Nitro 70 racing oil. You could walk into a local parts store and grab a case from the stock room.

Back