Dino oils available in Europe?

Hi everyone,
seriouly considering a Auto-rx cleaning in my Euro Honda K24Z3. I read in their website it sould be performed with a dino oils (I understand Group II)
I cannot find info about wich group different oils belong to when reading the specs. Am confused, is a semi-synthetic a dino?
My car will take anything from 0w20 to 10w30. Currently using Petro Canada Supreme Synthetic 10w30.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Go to closest Lidl/Hofer and buy their API CD/SF 15w40...
[Linked Image from images.folders.eu]

'Mineral' or 'Semi Synthetic' is dinosaur oil

Shell HX5 is available in your marketplace - or use Ebay/Amazon to search for '5w30 mineral oil' or 5w30 semi synthetic'

Originally Posted by Olas
'or use Ebay/Amazon to search for '5w30 mineral oil' or 5w30 semi synthetic'

Any lawnmover Shop should have cheap Dino Sae30 oil also
smile.gif

Originally Posted by allepunta
Hi everyone,
seriouly considering a Auto-rx cleaning in my Euro Honda K24Z3. I read in their website it sould be performed with a dino oils (I understand Group II)
I cannot find info about wich group different oils belong to when reading the specs. Am confused, is a semi-synthetic a dino?
My car will take anything from 0w20 to 10w30. Currently using Petro Canada Supreme Synthetic 10w30.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Fyi...Auto-Rx, an ester product, is a temporary fix for tired seals so leaks will reappear once you switch back to synthetic.

If a HM oil isn't working then just replace the seals.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

If a HM oil isn't working then just replace the seals.

I've said that close to a hundred times on this site because I believe the best way to fix a leak is to replace the comprimised gasket.

Every single time, without fail, I would see several replies saying it would be too hard to replace the gasket, or take too long, or that people would rather live with the drip than 'waste' time repairing an older vehicle that isn't worth a lot.

Its good to see another member on here who advocates replacing failed gaskets
smile.gif

not a single leak in my engine. only a a bit of oil consumption (1.5 liters per 10000 km). thinking it might be sticky rings. The first owner did long OCI's
I am following the procedure described on the website. add the additive during the oil change, run it for 3-4000km, change the oil againg and run it as a rinse for another 5000km.

Last edited:
Dino = Group I = "Mineraloel".

Visit the Liqui Moly Homepage.

Then Choose Engine oil , then "Oelart" (Type of oil), then choose "Mineral".

On the german Homepage, you then have the choice of 24 different Mineral - Group I - Dino oils.

Groups 1, 2 and 3 are all mineral oil or 'dino oil', undergoing varying levels of processing & refining.

In Europe, we only regard Group 4 and Group 5 as 'Synthetic'
Group 3 is labelled as Semi-Synthetic
Groups 1 & 2 are labelled as Mineral.

So yes, we do have them.

You can ignore your manual and go for whatever 0/5w30/40 you can find for a reasonable price. Base Group is not an issue here.

Last edited:
As far as I know Manchester is not a part of Germany....
smile.gif
And you are not a part of EU either
laugh.gif

Grp. III is also labelled as synthetic for many Europeans...I suppose that you Dont have to know that anymore!

Originally Posted by Kamele0N

Grp. III is also labelled as synthetic for many Europeans...

....... and South East Asia too , possibly whole of Asia .

Originally Posted by Olas
Groups 1, 2 and 3 are all mineral oil or 'dino oil', undergoing varying levels of processing & refining.

In Europe, we only regard Group 4 and Group 5 as 'Synthetic'
Group 3 is labelled as Semi-Synthetic
Groups 1 & 2 are labelled as Mineral.

So yes, we do have them.

You can ignore your manual and go for whatever 0/5w30/40 you can find for a reasonable price. Base Group is not an issue here.

Hi Olas
Just so I am understanding this correctly. If I buy a motor oil in the UK that is labelled 'fully synthetic' it will be group iv or above base stock?

Hi
I an struggling with this now as it is not how I understood things.

I took it that Group iii were so highly refined they were allowed to be called 'synthetic. Also, for example , oils like Shell Helix Ultra that uses GTL are called fully synthetic even though they are not group iv.

Thanks.

Back