Pour -33C
TBN 10.5
SA 1.4
Typicals PPM:
Calcium 3760
Moly 51
Phos 1255
ZDDP 1370

I know Chevron Supreme (and Havoline) have a dose of moly in the 5w-30 but not sure about the 10w-30. Of all the 5w-30 dinos that I know of the one with the most moly would be Schaeffers Micron Moly.

Give the Virgin Oil Analysis and Used Oil Analysis forums a check. I'm sure you'll find what you need in there.

Mikep

Citgo Supergard has a good shot of Moly and it is usually on sale somewhere.

patriot.gif
cheers.gif

Dosage?

Well the Pennzoil 5W20 I've been using in my F150 has 186 and the Chevron has 251.

Do any of the 10w30's approach that, or do they need to I guess is more the question?

quote:

Originally posted by 96Outback:
Dosage?

Well the Pennzoil 5W20 I've been using in my F150 has 186 and the Chevron has 251.

Do any of the 10w30's approach that, or do they need to I guess is more the question?

ANy oil properly formulated and blended with moly
IMO in the high 100's like 180-200-250 Is minimum to most perfect level needed to have most benefit from moly. IMO, anything here in this range, once engine is plated, will always give the best performance and MPG as long as it's there and as long as the oil has not any HIGH wear metals or SI etc... you get the best IMO of allllll worlds
I love Moly and the moly-like additives, but it is not EVERYthing, other things are in the equation... but in my experience I like the savings on gas, and what seems like a cleaner engine, and the 12-13 times or so I ran out of oil because of a leak, before the meteal to metal screech (happened about 4-5-6 times) you feel a super BOOST in power and quietness, and this is my so called WARNING if I ever run out of oil again because of a blown seal or whatever. Anyhow I do like moly.

quote:

Originally posted by 96Outback:
Which Dino Oils have a good dose of Moly in 5W30 and 10W30 weights?

Thanks,

John

Schaeffer's #100 Micron Moly 5W-30 & #306 Micron Moly 10W-30.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by DavoNF:

quote:

and the 12-13 times or so I ran out of oil because of a leak

You must be the unluckiest guy on the planet!

Don't believe in luck. If I did I would say otherwise because the truck still lives.

Yeah, had lots of "IT" happen.
Just for starters: The Dealer drains my oil without asking me because they took too long to get to me and my oil was dirty looking (should of just washed the truck for me) any how they screw on my by-pass filter plug with the spacer backwards (ie no gasket to metat ie metal to metal)... Just one of many chance happenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back