Dimensions of HPL 12 1-quart Case

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Can anyone provide the LxW dimensions of the HPL 12 1-quart case? I have mine stored elsewhere and I want to get a tray to put under the oil in case there's a leak. Thanks

1-quart bottles have a fairly standard size. Go measure a case of any motor oil at a store and get a try that's a little bigger.

Or, just call them. They're open for 10 more minutes.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Seems like a litterbox would work.
Indeed it would, and I may have access to a few. If they're still available, I'll measere them and see what comes of it. I appreciate your jumping in.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I've never had an oil bottle leak from a seam failure. Has it happened to you before.
Nope, never happened to me. However, one or two people on this list have mentioned that it happened to them. So, since the oil is being stored at someone else's home, I'm opting to be cautious. And, since hearing of the potential problem, I've put a tray under the oil I have stored here at my place, even though it's a very small amount.

Last edited:
I've never had an oil bottle leak from a seam failure. Has it happened to you before.
I will say that any opened bottle seems to seep over time. I wouldn't worry about leaks from new bottles, but I would be cautious about the storage of partially used bottles.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I will say that any opened bottle seems to seep over time. I wouldn't worry about leaks from new bottles, but I would be cautious about the storage of partially used bottles.
The thought never crossed my mind until I read here about instances of oil leaking from unopened containers. Rather than be concerned about it, I just put a tray beneath the stored oil.

What are the chances of a container leaking? Probably quite low, but I don't concern myself with probabilities. If I know that something can happen, I try to address it beforehand, and I truly do sleep well.

As for opened bottles of oil, there are non on my premises. The only opened bottle I currently have is in the trunk of my car, in a receptacle that can catch any spillage or leaks, and which is used for top-off oil if need be.