Differential and transfer case oil for 2017 Rogue Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
80w90 is what it specified for both the differential and transfer case. Will 75w90 work OK in either one of the two without causing any problems? Also I was wondering if I need the limited slip additive for the differential or transfer case. Doing preventative maintenance and all help is appreciated. This is my mothers. I own a Volkswagen and tend to buy German brands for my car. I might get her some Liqui Moly 75w90 if I can use it instead of 80w90. If it is like motor oil you can usually get away with a slightly different oil in this way but don't stray too far from the specs.

If it has anything to do with it, the Rogue has the 2.0 and CVT. Don't let the 2.0 fool you, with the CVT this little thing is quick!

Yeah, you can use 75w90. I've done this in many vehicles calling for 80w90. I usually buy the gear oil w/the LSD additive already in it even if your vehicle(TC or Diff) doesn't require it and it won't hurt anything. I've been using Mobil 1 75w90 w/LSD in units that don't require the additive.

I don't believe your Mom's Rogue SPORT has LSD but the owner's manual should tell you.
Does the Rogue SPORT have an AWD Lock like its larger ROGUE brother?
Does the Liqui Moly have the LSD additive already in it?

75W90 synthetic in the diff. My dealer put Mobil HD 80W 90 in both and the 2014 Rogue drove terrible. Definitely not up to factory spec fill.
You can source Wpp under 6 bucks a qt at WM. There have been transfer case failures but IIRC thats with the V6 Murano.

On yours I bet the 75w90 will do fine in both units. Remembers its the additives not the oil grade that's the wear reducer in hypoids.

As long as its not a SHD dump truck or 300 HP drag car with MT.

Thanks. I will avoid that Mobil. There must have been something in the HD formula if it caused a problem. Either that or it may have been a bad batch. I will just find a good 75w90 GL5 and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back