different rim widths

I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra used mainly for commuting, but occasionally a 3 hour drive to see family. I recently damaged a rim and am having difficulty finding a replacement. The rims are alloy 16"x7" and have a lug pattern of 4 x 114.3. I am considering purchasing 2 rims that are 16"x6.5" to run on the front and use two of the originals to run on the back. Is this dangerous? Allowable?
Thanks so much for your help.

Not ideal but you'll probably never know the difference.

I slapped some 15x6" rims on the front of my prius, leaving the 15x6.5" on back. Same size tire all around though.

If you look at a tire's data, there will typically be 1.5 inches of allowable rim width. Make sure your proposed rim size fits (it will) and you're ok.

I am considering purchasing 2 rims that are 16"x6.5" to run on the front and use two of the originals to run on the back.
I thought you said you damaged A rim, not both rims. Why replace 2 when you only damaged one? I assume you will still use the same tire size all around, but even then, a size or two different on one corner won't be an issue.

Replacing pair on one axle is wiser than one wheel. Even the same tires will behave a little differently on different width wheels.
The lesser the width difference the lesser behavior difference.
The problem is that it is not important until it is very important.
In my case, since I cracked 2 right wheels, I bought new 4 wheels/tires. Replacements were no longer available.
In case of one I would do what you said.

Krzyś

Back