Differences b/w Pennz HM and Castrol HM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this belongs in this forum or the UOA forum so I apologize if this is the wrong place. I was just curious if anyone is planning on doing a UOA with one of these oils. I checked and did not find any unfortunately, but I just wanted to determince which oil is better as far as additive package and viscosity stability is concerned. I checked the specs for both, and are quite similair to eachother. Pour points are the same for both the 5w and 10w weights with the only difference being the viscocity index for Pennz HM is slightly lower.

In a couple of weeks I will be putting in 5w30 Castrol GTX High Mileage into my mom's 94 Probe GT (with 133k on it and has had nothing but Mobil 1 so far) and will run it up until October and then do a UOA on it. My mom will probably put about 3-4k on the oil during this time period.

I haven't used the other two brands, but I've used Valvoline's Max Life and it did absolutely nothing. I assume the high mileage formulas are very similar in all the brands.

quote:

Originally posted by bottgers:
I haven't used the other two brands, but I've used Valvoline's Max Life and it did absolutely nothing. I assume the high mileage formulas are very similar in all the brands.

Except Maxlife contains no moly while the others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back