Diet Root Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get off of sugared soda. I know, it's not actually sugar, but high-fructose corn syrup....which is actually worse, it interferes with insulin and pancreatic action. Anyway, I had to find something diet and most of that stuff tasted like dung. I thought, hey- diet root beer! I tried a few and only A&W is really any good...it's actually really good. So try it, esp of you are looking to kick the sugared soda habit...Diet A&W Root Beer.

I'd keep away from Nutrasweet if at all possible...what, with Rumsfeld's disease and what not.

I don't understand how anybody could possibly like the taste of root beer. That stuff is vile and only cream soda is worse. ACK!
tongue.gif

Diet root beer and fried tacos? Watch the pounds melt away...
lol.gif
I've really tried to stop drinking soda these days; I usually keep a big pitcher of iced tea in the fridge instead. Nothing fancy, just some black tea with a little bit of honey. Cheap, easy, and way better for you too. (I don't even boil the water anymore, I just get the tap as hot as it will go, drop in two or three of those oversized tea bags and let it steep for a couple hours - can't get much easier than that!)

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I don't understand how anybody could possibly like the taste of root beer. That stuff is vile and only cream soda is worse. ACK!
tongue.gif

I like diet cream soda, diet root beer is OK, but diet Moxie is the best. I would like diet Sarsaparilla if I could find some.

for someone not from North America, what is 'Root Beer' ??
(and a lttle tip if you ever come to this part of the world, it isn't generally considered 'polite' to ask for a 'Root' while ordering a beer....
wink.gif
)

I think you Aussies call it sarsparilla.

Vanilla Coke is the most disgusting drink I've ever had, cherry or not.
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

sarsparilla.

ahh, that makes sense, cheers.

FWIW, Dr Pepper was very heavily promoted here a few years back, major sponsorships, etc, and it sank with out a trace. Everyone hated it.

Interesting how certain tastes are universal, others regional.

quote:

for someone not from North America, what is 'Root Beer' ??

It's a vile, if not the vilest, carbonated soft drink concoction. It tastes sort of like licorice-and-wintergreen-flavored bubblegum or toothpaste. I suppose it's an acquired taste. Personally, I like woddruff-flavored ice cream and drinks, so I can forgive those who enjoy root beer. But drink root beer I SHALL NOT!
tongue.gif

sarsparilla is what they call it in Hong Kong and Taiwan too.

Funny how soda was once called "Holland water" 50-100 years ago because they were imported from Holland as an upscale drink.

I like a good root beer or cream soda. The more natural kinds are good tasting and don't have that crappy mass produced flavor. Diet? Yikes! Sarsparilla is something different from RB, in my book.

Ever have a real ginger ale? yikes spicy!

quote:

Originally posted by PandaBear:
Funny how soda was once called "Holland water" 50-100 years ago because they were imported from Holland as an upscale drink.

Never heard of "Holland water" . 50-60 years ago I was drinking Dr. Pepper, Coke, and Pepsi. I preferred Pepsi, with a 3 Musketeers candy bar, the big 10 cent one. Teenager lunch..
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back