Diesel OK for Autorx rinse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about to dump the clean phase of this Arx cycle, and was wondering if a diesel oil would NOT be recommended for a rinse cycle?

It's pretty warm here lately, and most of my stash is 5-30, but I found a lone jug of 15-40 that might be better for the highway driving I expect to be doing, and the hot weather.

There's no cat converter on this car, so that's not an issue.

Just type in "Diesel" on home page search engine than go to application and click on diesel. All the information needed. By the way Auto-Rx and Diesel Engines works great together.

Oh, ah, the engines is not a diesel, just a 29 year-old ford 3.3l I6. That I must say is running really great, and I'm sure I can attribute some that to ARX.
smile.gif
Thanks, I will go ahead and use it!

I think MolaKule posted once that you should use the thinnest oil you're comfortable using, as that would allow the Auto-RX to get as far into everything as it could.

Chuck

I just started the rinse phase in my BMW using Shell Rotella-T 15w40. I didn't want to use typical 30 wt. oil
with a 10 cSt vis which is for North American or Japanese
cars.

Has anyone ever had the need to use ARX in an engine that's been run exclusively on xW-20? While many things can contribute to sludge build up, such as excessive heat, a restrictive PVC system, going too long between oil changes, better oil flow, which you would get from a thinner oil, should be a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back