diesel oil in a gas engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use delvac 1300 in my 02 cummins and the last 2 oil changes in my 01 jetta and my 99 4runner i have also used this oil.

any downsides to using it in all three vehicles? its a 10-40

havent been able to find anything on here searching my butt off...

also i think im switching from fram eg filter to purolator or wix from what ive gathered n hre also

this sound like a good plan?

thansk for the help

gary

I use something similar all the time with no problems. As long as the viscosity is in spec for your vehicles, you should be fine.

No, in fact the delvac is probably API rated for gasoline engines as well (like an SL or SM designation). Lots of people use it in gasoline engines, and especially in your climate this should work well.

For the filters, yes you'll find that Purolator's and Wix's are favorites around here. The better Frams are good filters, but their base model isn't that great, especially compared to other filters you can get for the same price.

Yes, it does sound like a great plan. I use diesel Dino in a blended mix with PCMO for summer runs. I've had nothing but compliments on how smooth peoples vehicles run with the 50/50 and 60/40 mix. The oil comes out the color of Molasses....much darker than Guinness Stout, very dark brown, after a 7K run. The detergents in the Diesel Dino oils are fantastic for cleaning and the oil really stays in grade for the OCI.

I'm currently running some Shell Rotella T-6, full synthetic, 5W-40 Diesel synthetic with a couple of quarts of Shell Full Synthetic oil, 5W-30 since I'm doing some towing. I plan to run this mix until late Spring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back