Diesel fuel filter issue with Baldwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran Baldwin in my PSD with zero issues, but it is a cartridge filter and one can easily examine it before use.

I cannot comment on the filter in the link, but generally Baldwin/Hastings makes good products. However, any company can have failures; happens to the best of them.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
I cannot comment on the filter in the link, but generally Baldwin/Hastings makes good products. However, any company can have failures; happens to the best of them.

I'll 2nd that opinion and valuable info
smile.gif

Racor owns Baldwin/Hastings. In the 2013 to 2018 Ram world, Racor makes the rear water separator, changes the paint color and puts on the Baldwin, Hastings, Mopar and apparently Fleetguard name on it.

Last edited:
Parker which owns Racor bought Clarcor Corp. which owned Baldwin/Hastings. The plastic housing Baldwin filters for the Duramax are completely different from the Metal can Parker/Racor fuel filters which came from the factory. Baldwin also made a Metal can filter that was Taiwan made IIRC, Haven't seen one in a while.
I believe the Racor & it's painted Delco clone are the only Metal Can Duramax filter manufactured in the USA.

We will slowly see vertical integration of these two filter arms I'm sure.....Whatever is cheaper to make as well.
I for one don't like mergers like this as product quality almost always suffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back