Diesel Amsoil in gas vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a question for you Amsoil guys. I have been running Amsoils 15W-40 synthetic diesel/marine oil in my gas road vehicles, and in my F-350 powerstroke diesel. But since I traded the diesel for a gas, could I continue to use this 15W-40 in all my gas vehicles? Or should I switch to Amsoil 10W-30 synthetic? Thanks in advance.

Amsoil 15W-40 is a great oil for gasoline engines.

I use it year 'round. Doesn't even get much play here and the price is good, too. (I just got another case today)

Ran my mother's 1965 Ford on AMSOIL 15W-40 for about 16 years. But, that was mostly for the extra protection against corrosion, since she didn't drive it much.

Sure, you can use the 15W-40. You might get a bit better performance from an xW-30, and the drain interval might be a bit longer. The 15W-40 is listed as a 15K oil in gasoline engines, best I recall (without doing research).

I've sucessfully run their 15W-40 and Series 3000 5W-30 in a 2 different cars with excellent results. If you bought a new truck, the 15W-40 is probably a little on the thick side though.

So, again to you Amsoil guys, the "extra" rust and corrosion inhibitors will have no adverse effect on a gas vehicle driven every day? One of my vehicles will be driven every day, and the other 3 will see intermittent service, so the rust and corrosion inhibitors would be good for them. I am also thinking of adding this oil to my gas farm tractors, which may sometimes sit for a month before getting used. Any problems? Thanks in advance.

Former acquaintance of mine had a hugh farm in Kansas. As I recall, he used the AMSOIL 15W-40 in everything he ran-only wanted 1 oil around to mess with. Never had any problems in the 20 odd years I knew him.

Thats exactly my thought, especially since I can get it in quart, gallon, 2-1/2 gallon sizes. It can also be bought in 30 and 55 gallon drum sizes, but dont know the shipping requirements for large containers like that.

Would be nice to draw from a 55 gallon drum though...........

quote:

Originally posted by MAJA:
So, again to you Amsoil guys, the "extra" rust and corrosion inhibitors will have no adverse effect on a gas vehicle driven every day? One of my vehicles will be driven every day, and the other 3 will see intermittent service, so the rust and corrosion inhibitors would be good for them. I am also thinking of adding this oil to my gas farm tractors, which may sometimes sit for a month before getting used. Any problems? Thanks in advance.

Nope, matter of fact the AMO 10w40 is also a gas diesel formulation that a lot of folks use. Same goes with the 5w30 HDD. Which is a heavy Duty Diesel oil.

Matter of Fact, I know that is what Al Amatuzio runs in his Chevy Suburban. Amsoil HDD 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back