DieHard brand sold to AAP for $200 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I agree $200 million is way to much for an old brand name.

So Sears made a good business decision for once!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I agree $200 million is way to much for an old brand name.

So Sears made a good business decision for once!
lol.gif

Fast Eddie picking the last morsel of meat off the bones 🦅

Originally Posted by David1
East Penn makes DURACELL car batteries also.. I call DURACELL DeadCELLs b/c when they go bad its 95% of the time a bad-cell.. Also I call Everstart ... NEVERSTART... Duralast I call NEVERLAST....

Most battiers are made by Johnson Controls.... Even OPTIMA...

That is an interesting position. Most industry watchers feel that East Penn is the highest quality manufacturer in the USA. Also as mentioned before, all Duracell automotive batteries are made by East Penn, but this only started in the last 1-2 years. Deka is also an East Penn brand. The Douglas battery manufacturing was bought by East Penn. Most West Marine batteries are East Penn. They make tons of batteries for auto parts stores like O"Reillys .

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Originally Posted by PimTac
The vast majority of the older generation know that the Diehard brand name means nothing today.

How old are you, and what degrees do you have to make this claim?

I would have to agree. I doubt anybody under 40 who are not "car guys" place zero value on the Diehard" brand. Same with Crafsman. My Harbor Freight is plenty crowded with tool buyers.

Originally Posted by CKN
The vast majority of the older generation know that the Diehard brand name means nothing today.

I would have to agree. I doubt anybody under 40 who are not "car guys" place zero value on the Diehard" brand. Same with Crafsman. My Harbor Freight is plenty crowded with tool buyers.

I'm not sure anyone under 40 know the Diehard brand.

In the 70's and 80's and into the 90's the Sears Diehard brand meant good value for the money. However, Sears has been dying for over twenty years now. Eddie Lampert bought Sears to milk it for all its worth. His main reasoning was that the real estate of the Sears stores was the real value of the company. He has discovered that is not true at all.

Originally Posted by CKN

I'm not sure anyone under 40 know the Diehard brand.

In the 70's and 80's and into the 90's the Sears Diehard brand meant good value for the money. However, Sears has been dying for over twenty years now. Eddie Lampert bought Sears to milk it for all its worth. His main reasoning was that the real estate of the Sears stores was the real value of the company. He has discovered that is not true at all.

Very true I just retired from there after 46 years

Diehard was like the Craftsman name, a good warranty and a liberal return policy when there was a plenitude of Sears locations around. Nowadays, it has no meaning or extra value to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back