Didn't know where to post this..Wix Fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one today for my 95 nissan altima and I now see that it was made in China. Should I take it back and get a different brand? If so what do you guys recommend??

It's tough to beat a OEM filter. Of course, you'll pay dearly for it at the dealership.

My Nissan pickup truck (old and worn out '97 model with a zillion miles on it) gets a fuel filter about every 75,000 miles. The difference in weight between a dealer supplied filter and a aftermarket filter is amazing. I don't know what relevance that has on quality but for the frequency that I replace it I don't sweat the cost.

Oh, and that 'Made in China' thing... get used to it. We've voted with our wallets and this is what won the election.

Are you kidding?!?! It is a fine fuel filter. If you return everything made in China you might not have a roof over your head. Don't get me wrong I like to buy American whenever possible but, almost every US company outsources to some place.

I was just going by what some people on here have said about other filters such as oil and air, some are made in China and see m to have a much lower quality than say one made in ths US.

Originally Posted By: zeke1985
I was just going by what some people on here have said about other filters such as oil and air, some are made in China and see m to have a much lower quality than say one made in ths US.

I would exhaust out every other possibility before using a china made one...

Originally Posted By: FowVay
It's tough to beat a OEM filter.

Not it's not... most of the OEM filters aren't even 97% efficient at 20 microns. That, and many of them are ecores!

It's extremely easy to beat an OEM filter.

Originally Posted By: kemo

Not it's not... most of the OEM filters aren't even 97% efficient at 20 microns. That, and many of them are ecores!

There are e-core fuel filters?

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian

Hey blind one, read the quote. I used oil filters as an example, because they are a "FILTER"

Hey blind one, read the quote. I used oil filters as an example, because they are a "FILTER"

But the thread is about fuel filters
33.gif
and that is what the guy made the you can't beat an OEM filter comment about (not oil filters).
spankme2.gif

chances are the oem fuel filters are made in china too. the smaller they are, the easier to ship. Since gasoline filters are rarely changed, especially in the US with the filtration at decent stations, there is little aftermarket, little incentive to produce.

Not all Purolator fuel filters are made in the US.
I've seen some for my application (Toyota truck) that are made in China.
Same for the Purolator air filters too.

Hey rude one, no one in this thread mentioned oil filters. I don't know what that had to do with this thread.
The topic is fuel filters and the poster was correct, just about every OEM fuel filter I have laid eyes on was better quality than a China made parts store replacement.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Not all Purolator fuel filters are made in the US.
I've seen some for my application (Toyota truck) that are made in China.
Same for the Purolator air filters too.

Recently changed my fuel filter on my 03' Ford Focus....made by Purolator.... in North Carolina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back