Didn't buy a 2000 toyota sienna thanks to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already put a $500 deposit on it before I found this site. When I went to look at it the first thing I did was open the oil fill cap and ran my finger in it which isn't easy because of the plate inside. But when I pulled my finger out it had this gummy,coppery black stuff on it with what looked like little pieces of black sand in it. I showed the salesman and he didn't say anything. Asked for my deposit back and no problem. I feel sorry for anyone who buys that van.

I wonder if he will give me a discount?
grin.gif

(Did you to tell him to AutoRx it and get some real money for the thing?)

I guess this site may have saved you a lot of money-although Auto-RX may be able to save that Toyota, and others like it.

I actually have some autorx on the way but didn't want to chance it. They only had a 30 day warranty on their used vehicles and didn't need the hassle at this time if a problem came up.

I was only kidding about buying the car - you did the right thing. Would have made a great test engine......maybe that's an idea for Frank. Hit the used car lots....buy up 20-30 sludgers, big photo spread...

I followed the Toyota sludge forums on Edmunds. Even though I have had good luck with several older Toyotas and Prizms, my respect for the brand will be forever tarnished. Some of these people DID maintain their engines and (at least until the final settlement) were treated shamelessly by Toyota.
frown.gif

I own a 99 Avalon that has been perfect so far. I am frustrated with Toyota that they won't come clean with exactly what the problem is with these engines and the best plan of action to prevent it.

I am equally frustrated with the woman leading the class action suit, since it seems all she is interested in is Toyota replacing engines when they die and not how to prevent them for dying or why they died.

I would really like a truthfull account of exactly combination of events leading to sludging engines. Including driving habits, weather & storage (garaged or not), oil type, change interval, clogging of PCV, and type of fuel used(mine recommends 91+ premium but will run on 87).

Probably my last Toyota purchase. I think I'll stick with Nissan/Infinity or Honda/Acura from here on out.

The thing you should remember about lawyers (especially those who deal in mass torts)is that they want to gain a steady income from the problem and definitely do not want to fix it.

Medical negligence is a classic case. Secret settlements are agreed to with pharmaceutical companies all the time but the drugs are never removed from the market and the public are never informed. The public continues to suffer injuries and death. I see no reason why lawyers dealing with the car industry would be any different.

quote:

Originally posted by RussellA:

I am equally frustrated with the woman leading the class action suit, since it seems all she is interested in is Toyota replacing engines when they die and not how to prevent them for dying or why they died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back