did you see the start to the canadian gp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but didn't they say that the start is pretty much computer controlled? It's not nearly as amazing then considering it came from a $14 million dollar car.

I'm morose....
frown.gif
...while they did indeed START well, neither of my boys in the blue and gold FINISHED...and that...is what...it is all about.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm morose....
frown.gif
...while they did indeed START well, neither of my boys in the blue and gold FINISHED...and that...is what...it is all about.

We're exact opposites. The Renaults getting DNFs made me so happy!!
grin.gif

No offense
smile.gif

Does anyone else despise the CBS coverage like I do? This race was better than that last one they showed, but during the second half we were watching more ads than race!
mad.gif

Palut, I'm just glad there's F1 on TV! NASCAR is interesting, but watching F1 inspires me to drive. Watching NASCAR doesn't inspire me at all, it's just fun to watch, that's all.

It was interesting to see the one guy's left rear brakes explode and catch on fire. You just don't see that.

What size are the F1 engines nowadays? How much HP do they pump out? What kind of oils do these engines use?

cbs coverage bites. they need to carry the speed feed on cbs if they are going to continue this.

off the line the start is computer controlled so you don't shred tires, spin the car and destroy your neighbors. once the rpms get up the driver is more or less on his own.

getting past schumie when he's in the front row is amazing.

i liked fisi when he raced with sauber, so i've stuck with him at renault as well. i tend to like drivers more than teams, so i root for dc and weber as well.

it was a good race despite the messiness. some of the teams need to do a better job telling their drivers to pull over and let the faster car overtake though.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
What size are the F1 engines nowadays? How much HP do they pump out? What kind of oils do these engines use?

3 litres (approx 183 ci); by the rules they must have 10 cyl with a max of 5 valves/cyl and they are normally aspirated which results in little pistons doing 18,000 rpm and they put out around 1000 hp. Regarding motor oil, I can tell you that Shell takes a mobile lab to the track with Ferrari so oil formulas do change during the season.

quote:

quote:

3 litres (approx 183 ci); by the rules they must have 10 cyl with a max of 5 valves/cyl and they are normally aspirated which results in little pistons doing 18,000 rpm and they put out around 1000 hp. Regarding motor oil, I can tell you that Shell takes a mobile lab to the track with Ferrari so oil formulas do change during the season.

Wow! V10's with a 3.0L displacement! Amazing that those things just don't explode with such sky-high RPMs!! IIRC, didn't Honda used to use a 1.8L V8 back in the 80's?

since i'm bitching about tv coverage, speed is showing a motorcycle race from spain.

they have mounted ***-cams to several bikes, giving you an excellent view of the rider's arse.

pretty cheeky, if you ask me.

quote:

IIRC, didn't Honda used to use a 1.8L V8 back in the 80's?

They had a 1.5L turbo (producing around 1000 hp!)...I don't know about a 1.8

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Well darn, I missed the F1 race and the NASCAR race. Okay, who won these two races?

Raikkonen
M Schumacher
Barichello

Edwards
Vickers
Nemechek

quote:

quote:

1.5L V8...how did they cram all those valves AND a spark plug on the top of the cylinder head with those tiny dimensions?

quote:

quote:

quote:

1.5L V8...how did they cram all those valves AND a spark plug on the top of the cylinder head with those tiny dimensions?

My bad...it was a V-6

Did Anyone see the indy car/CART race at Texas motor speedway last night? I haven't watched the series in a few years adn was amazed at the level that these cars have evolved.

Indy Racing League (IRL) no CART. If you like oval open wheel racing they put on a good show. Always very close racing. And yes they have really evolved since they got rid of the Olds and Nissan engines. YUK

I will be in the pits all three days at Milwaukee in July and can't wait.

I have a dirt track 1/4 and 3/8 mile heritage. I was watching World of outlaws in the early 80's. and late model wedge cars every Saturday night . Things have certainly changed since I was a kid. Indy Cars and F-1 have really advance while stock cars are basicly not much different.

Finally Ferrari 2-3.

I'm disgraced....tied in constructor points with some recalled Toyotas....

What a fall from heaven for us Italians. Sort of a fun race....yeah CBS sux dinkey chubodas (what were we thinking?)

What happened to JPM? CBS sort of mumbled an answer after the aussie/brit/kiwi guy with a fake accent screamed JPM was robbed.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

What happened to JPM? CBS sort of mumbled an answer after the aussie/brit/kiwi guy with a fake accent screamed JPM was robbed.

that was derek daly, btw. scottish.

anyway, jpm allegedly left the pits under a red; when the safety car was going by or something.

the first time dd said "jpm got screwed" they bleeped it, then let it go the following times. unless dd used some other term for the intercourse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back