Did you marry your long lost cousin?

The genetics of eye color is actually pretty complicated. There are something like 20 different eye colors and not just brown, green, and blue.

My wife has brown eyes, I have green eyes, and our kids have blue eyes with blonde hair pale skin, green eyes with light brown hair darker skin, and brown eyes with dark dark brown hair and the kid looks like he should be in southern Italy growing grapes.

Don't want to start anuthing but a surprisingly high percentage of have another father than the head of the family.... :whistle:

A few hunderd years ago if you lived in a small town in Italy [for example] you would most likely reproduce with some one close to your town.

A few hunderd years ago if you lived in a small town in Italy [for example] you would most likely reproduce with some one close to your town.

I have a small chunk of DNA on chromosome 15 from my dad's side. That small chunk of DNA is shared with around 10% of my matches on My Heritage, most of which are from Finland...and most of those Finnish matches seem to be 2nd or 3rd cousins to each other.

My Heritage also says I'm in a genetic group which seems to be close to where my mom was born in Germany.

I have a small chunk of DNA on chromosome 15 from my dad's side. That small chunk of DNA is shared with around 10% of my matches on My Heritage, most of which are from Finland...and most of those Finnish matches seem to be 2nd or 3rd cousins to each other.

My Heritage also says I'm in a genetic group which seems to be close to where my mom was born in Germany.
Whoa. Wait.

I have this tiny hunk of DNA from Finland and NONE of my living relatives know anything about having relations with those kind of people.

Whoa. Wait.

I have this tiny hunk of DNA from Finland and NONE of my living relatives know anything about having relations with those kind of people.

Pretty much. Makes you wonder for how many generations a chunk of DNA can be passed along.

I've read that some DNA seems to be more likely to be passed along and some is less likely, and it doesn't seem to be random like you might think.

All humans on earth are at the most 23rd cousins of each other. Maybe that stone age tribe on North Sentinel Island is an exception.

Don't want to start anuthing but a surprisingly high percentage of have another father than the head of the family.... :whistle:
I'm secure in my paternity. This is what happens with a 1/4 Irish, English, French, German, marries a 50/50 Irish/Italian - you get all colors under the rainbow. ;)

The Bride & Groom:
Billy Thurmond and Mary Jo Kopnik with their dog Spike

Wedding Day, August 10, 1969
In front of their newly refurbished single-wide trailer home
Near Denton, AK
1673581203135.jpeg

People commonly marrying cousins years back was not so bad. At least they knew which gender they were.

I am becoming less and less concerned about world population growth because the way we are going these days the human species is doomed. Every developed country has a fertility rate well below 2 and a growing number of them don't even know whether they are a boy or a girl. If it's natures self correcting mechanism then I'm impressed and we have nothing to worry about on the over population score.

Back