Did we crack the Euro PP code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen several threads on where to buy Euro PP 5w30.

Did anyone ever find a definative source? I've looked around here and can only find PP 5w30, not the Euro flava.

Need to change oil in my wife's Jeep in a couple of weeks and wanted to use the Euro PP 5w30, if I can find it. Wouldn't hesitate to go with non-Euro PP 5w30 though, it is easy to find.

Thanks

The McGlaughlin Oil Co. sells PP Euro. Search for them online. I just got an email from them today. Here it is, word for word:

"Thank you for your interest in our products from Pennzoil. We do carry the 5W40 Synthetic Platinum. It comes in a carton of 6 quarts at $33.00 per carton. The product 5W30 Euro has been replaced by Pennzoil Synthetic Platinum 5W30, also in cartons of 6 for $33.00 per carton.

Depending on the # of cases you want to order, product can be sent by U.P.S.

Thank you,

Teresa

The McGlaughlin Oil Co."

Thanks ww, I had seen that before and saved the link. It looks more like a volume industrial supply house, wasn't sure if they would deal in smaller quantities. Have you placed an order?

CC, there is a place up on the north side of town off Jefferson Paige Road that seems to carry a lot of oils. They are listed as a Schaeffer dealer, I know. They may be able to track some down.

Central Oil & Supply
4041 Ratcliff Road
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318) 525-1244

quote:

Originally posted by ccdhowell:
Thanks ww, I had seen that before and saved the link......Have you placed an order?

No, & I won't. I read where Johnny posted that the PP Euro 5w40 is not the same as the others. It is re-packaged Shell Helix Ultra, a group III synthetic. No thanks.

I bet that Teresa is a babe too.
grin.gif

HT/HS numbers look good on the 5w40 = 3.9, from the Pennz data sheets:

HT/HS

Euro PP 5w30 = 3.5

PP 5w30 = 3.0

Seems like different oils to me. All specs are different between PP and Euro PP, with Euro PP seeming the better oil, IMO.

Now I need to find some.

Isn't Shell Helix Ultra what they put in the Enzo as factory fill? If its good enough for that, then it should be good enough for anything else.

quote:

Originally posted by pzev:
Isn't Shell Helix Ultra what they put in the Enzo as factory fill? If its good enough for that, then it should be good enough for anything else.

There is no doubt that it is good enough; I'm just not willing to pay a premium for a group III synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back