Did I make the right choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - seems like the folks who dissect these things think they are good, middle of the road. I use them because I go to Pep Boys who carries them as their Proline brand for $1 cheaper.

Personally the spin-on filter categories to me are:
1. Standard filters - like the Purolator ($4), Napa's Wix that are varying quality, ie Fram worst ...
2. Ford spec's - like A/C Delco ($5) that put the bypass valve down at the mount thus avoiding a "flush" of the whole filter whenever it goes into bypass mode. You should see alot more gear at that end like a spring and plate. Seems if the filter doesn't have a Ford application, the Delco filter will not have this apparatus.
3. High filtration - like Pure 1 ($6), M1, AMSOil's.
4. Hybrid - like Trasko ($70) that uses a pimary screen mesh + a low micron media that gets a low pressure feed all the time.

I've used 1-3 and have 4 waiting as soon as I finish a Auto-RX cleaning.

I think my favorite is #2 so far.

Thanks guys! The car sure has been running great so far.
grin.gif

Hi everyone! I normally use Fram oil filters on my 740GL however, after reading some reviews it appears they are not too good of a filter.

I changed my oil yesterday and used a Purolator Premium Plus oil filter; been told they are good filters.

Are they? Many thanks!

They are good filters. I've found that purolators seem to have the highest craftsmenship.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back