did I find the right stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased 5 qts of 0W30 at my local AutoZone it says Made in Germany and has a code of M050286ATW6241615 is this the magic elixer? They had 6 more quarts but said Made in US and had a code that started M02, is this the same stuff?

You probably have the new gold german Castrol, which some reports are showing is every bit as good as the green german Castrol. The made in US stuff isn't the same at all.

quote:

Originally posted by raceman_spiff:
I just purchased 5 qts of 0W30 at my local AutoZone it says Made in Germany and has a code of M050286ATW6241615 is this the magic elixer? They had 6 more quarts but said Made in US and had a code that started M02, is this the same stuff?

You got the right stuff in an 05 batch...you will have to check to see if it is The Green or The Gold...if you want to try the 04 batch, the Autozone in Burien near the Safeway had it a couple of weeks ago (my wife and I were out visiting my daughter...I saw an Autozone and, OF COURSE, had to check out their supply of the Elxer).

offtopic.gif
PS We are in blizzard conditions today...35 mph winds and 12-18" of snow expected. I already have drifts zbout 5 ft high in the back yard.
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
offtopic.gif
PS We are in blizzard conditions today...35 mph winds and 12-18" of snow expected. I already have drifts zbout 5 ft high in the back yard.
shocked.gif

pscholte,

Just to rub salt in your wounds, it's 80°F & sunny here on beatiful Lake Guntersville/Tennessee River backwaters today.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
offtopic.gif
shocked.gif

pscholte,

Just to rub salt in your wounds, it's 80°F & sunny here on beatiful Lake Guntersville/Tennessee River backwaters today.
grin.gif

Well that's no test for GC!
grin.gif
ww, it looks like, unless there is another wave coming through, that the storm is starting to abate...we had winds up to 56 mph, a wind chill of 12ºF and I have a drift just shy of the top of my fence in the backyard. Enjoy your balmy weather!

PS Where are all my Canadian brethren to tell that this is nothing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back