Did I do ok with this purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after reading a ton of threads on oil
grin.gif
I went to Autozone tonight and purchased 5 quarts of Pennzoil LL 15w40 and a PF-53 Filter for my '96 Geo Tracker. My goal is to help quiet some of my piston slap. Did I do ok?

quote:

Originally posted by TN Tracker:
Well, after reading a ton of threads on oil
grin.gif
I went to Autozone tonight and purchased 5 quarts of Pennzoil LL 15w40 and a PF-53 Filter for my '96 Geo Tracker. My goal is to help quiet some of my piston slap. Did I do ok?

Let us know how it goes as soon as you put it in.

I wouldn't expect any "real" results for 500-1000 miles though...

On your other thread I thought it was M1? Well in any case, like me, you've found out that you are allowed to experiment with your own car
shocked.gif
with any number of high quality choices. And you don't need to wait if you don't like the performance of an oil - just swap it out. Man, my '96 minivan (128K) runs sweet on 15w40 Delvac 1300 after a ARX cleaning. Thanks BITOG!

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
If you are asking if the pennzoil will cure your piston slap........you are just going to have to try it and find out.

Exactly-You'll know it when you don't hear it.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by rg144:
On your other thread I thought it was M1? Well in any case, like me, you've found out that you are allowed to experiment with your own car
shocked.gif
with any number of high quality choices. And you don't need to wait if you don't like the performance of an oil - just swap it out. Man, my '96 minivan (128K) runs sweet on 15w40 Delvac 1300 after a ARX cleaning. Thanks BITOG!

Well, I doubt I had anything to do with it, but you're welcome!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:
Let us know how it goes as soon as you put it in.

I wouldn't expect any "real" results for 500-1000 miles though...

I'll keep you folks up to date on the results. I considered using a FL400S Filter which should fit and give me slightly more capacity but I thought it would be better to only try one change at a time and it would be easier to judge the results. From what I've learned LL has excellent detergent properties and plenty of moly to help quiet things down after a period of time.

Well, did my service today with the Pennzoil LL 15w40 and I have to say I'm very impressed! The engine was significantly quieter at start up and throughout the rpm range, it was like a different engine.
Fine stuff Pennzoil.
worshippy.gif

twak.gif
Valvoline, you have lost a loyal customer!

quote:

Originally posted by TN Tracker:
Well, did my service today with the Pennzoil LL 15w40 and I have to say I'm very impressed! The engine was significantly quieter at start up and throughout the rpm range, it was like a different engine.
Fine stuff Pennzoil.
worshippy.gif

twak.gif
Valvoline, you have lost a loyal customer!

Good to hear!

Although I've been getting a lot of slack here lately for my HDEO recommendations, I've yet to see one person who has not been satisfied with these oils after receiving my recommendation (I don't remember any...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back