Did Dallas, TX have a flood? Large amounts of freshwater salvage vehicles being auctioned in Dallas

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
As some may know, I like to rebuild salvage vehicles, primarily flooded ones, as most people are in fear of a flooded vehicle, and flippers are not as hungry for flooded vehicles as it can be harder to cut corners as one can do with a collision salvage vehicle. If one is not in a hurry and has patience, a flooded salvage vehicle can be a great buy (or not).

What I can't figure out, is why Dallas has a robust amount of freshwater flooded vehicles going to auction. Did I miss some weather occurrence in Dallas over the past few weeks/ months? The insurer on the vehicles are the likes of USAA and State Farm. I have no reason to believe these vehicles were flood damaged in South Florida and transported to Dallas.

Yes, I live in Dallas and we had a 1,000 year flood last summer. Downtown Dallas was the worst of it.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Yes, I live in Dallas and we had a 1,000 year flood last summer. Downtown Dallas was the worst of it.
Sorry that happened, but good to know as that implies these vehicles have had six months of water sitting in them.

Back