Did Curbside pick up of Mobil 1 at Walmart; no paper receipt; rebate rejected. Help?

Guys,

I did a curbside pick-up late last week of 2 jugs of Mobil 1 at my local Walmart. I did it that way because the online price was a few dollars cheaper and I didn't want to hassle with price matching. Our Walmart has been terrible lately--they can't seem to keep staff. With the rebate, it was going to be really cheap. I asked the guy who brought the order to the car for a receipt when I picked it up and was told that wasn't an option--no paper receipts are provided for curbside orders. End of story.

Anyway, I went to submit the M1 rebate online and it even indicated on the online form that for online/pick-up orders to submit the receipt that shows it was picked up. I took a screen capture of my receipt that says when and where it was picked up from and includes the order number, the exact item description and the price paid. It should have had all the info needed (see attachment). Yet I got an email this morning stating that my rebate claim was rejected:

Reason: Order information could not be validated.
Action Required: Provide valid proof of purchase.

Has anyone successfully submitted a rebate from a Walmart curbside order? If so, what did you send in to M1? I'm going to try calling M1 later this morning to see if I can get more info, but I thought I'd check on here first.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-12 075605.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-12 075605.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 35
Mobil1 needs to adapt their system. Walmart uses e-receipts for "e-orders" and no one should expect them to change this because of another company's policy on rebates. Go back to Mobil1 and plead / fight your case. They can make exceptions but whether or not they choose to is their call.

mrdctaylor

I called them and they looked at my claim and said that there was no reason it should have been rejected. She said that they have a way to verify claims online at walmart.com and the only thing she could think of is that the auditor couldn't verify the claim for some reason--like maybe the system was down or not working correctly. But she validated it while I was on the phone with her and I already have an email stating the claim was approved.

So good on their people for handling it in a timely manner. But I still wonder if rejecting claims like that is sort of a policy, hoping that a large percentage won't bother to call and argue. Who knows. I have my $30 coming though. :)

Bottom line for everyone here: call (866-249-4307) if your claim gets rejected. Be polite. It worked for me.

Last edited:
Sounds like many rebates you hear about.... Forgot to dot an "i" or cross a "t", deny it or reject the application. Enough people forget they submitted it or won't go to the extra work to sort it out, this works for a lot of companies. For the minority that follow-up or call, as you found out, they "fix" it. (y)

I got rejected a couple of years ago for Pennzoil purchase from WM online orders.
I submitted the WM online receipt and they said it is insufficient.
I did not bother to call, though.

My Walmart rebate was also rejected for M1 TDT.

Walmart used some bizarre 12 digit internal product code on the receipt, not the actual Mobil product number 112789. So basically I got screwed out of my rebate because I could not prove I bought the items. And since I gave the oil to my father, I could not return it. I think this was likely intentional by Walmart as the oil was on rollback and probably was priced below MAP or some such shenanigans.

Yeah so basically don't buy oil from Walmart if you want a rebate.

I think this was likely intentional by Walmart
Walmart has no concern whatsoever with Mobil1's rebates. They have nothing to gain or lose.

Again, this is on Mobil1. They don't need to make the process so precise or more accurately, restrictive. But they do.... to their benefit....

My Walmart rebate was also rejected for M1 TDT.

Walmart used some bizarre 12 digit internal product code on the receipt, not the actual Mobil product number 112789. So basically I got screwed out of my rebate because I could not prove I bought the items. And since I gave the oil to my father, I could not return it. I think this was likely intentional by Walmart as the oil was on rollback and probably was priced below MAP or some such shenanigans.

Yeah so basically don't buy oil from Walmart if you want a rebate.
Mobil 1 TDT is no longer included in the Mobil1 Rebate, it is however now included in the Delvac Rebate, last year they did a spring and a fall Delvac rebate, the Spring 2021 rebate already ended in May, but maybe they'll do a Fall rebate like they did last year, although the fall rebate started in August last year and the delvac rebate site still only has the information for the Spring rebate that Already ended, maybe at the beginning of September.

Walmart has no concern whatsoever with Mobil1's rebates. They have nothing to gain or lose.

Again, this is on Mobil1. They don't need to make the process so precise or more accurately, restrictive. But they do.... to their benefit....

You don't understand. If Walmart has line items on a printed in-store receipt that have numbers that don't mean anything, you can't prove you purchased the item. If I was Mobil I wouldn't pay out on it either. Walmart sucks and it was intentional.
Mobil 1 TDT is no longer included in the Mobil1 Rebate, it is however now included in the Delvac Rebate, last year they did a spring and a fall Delvac rebate, the Spring 2021 rebate already ended in May, but maybe they'll do a Fall rebate like they did last year, although the fall rebate started in August last year and the delvac rebate site still only has the information for the Spring rebate that Already ended, maybe at the beginning of September.

You must not have read my post, or perhaps have poor reading comprehension. I know how to process Mobil online rebates, I'm not an idiot.

You don't understand. If Walmart has line items on a printed in-store receipt that have numbers that don't mean anything, you can't prove you purchased the item. If I was Mobil I wouldn't pay out on it either. Walmart sucks and it was intentional.

You must not have read my post, or perhaps have poor reading comprehension. I know how to process Mobil online rebates, I'm not an idiot.
Perhaps you should check the title of the thread you're posting in beccause this was a thread about the current Mobil1 rebate and you mentioned a denial for a product that's not included in the current Mobil1 rebate.

Perhaps you should check the title of the thread you're posting in beccause this was a thread about the current Mobil1 rebate and you mentioned a denial for a product that's not included in the current Mobil1 rebate.
The thread is actually about a denial due to a Walmart receipt which didn’t meet Mobil’s proof of purchase requirement.

It’s not about the rebate itself.

The thread is actually about a denial due to a Walmart receipt which didn’t meet Mobil’s proof of purchase requirement.

It’s not about the rebate itself.
Nope, it's specifically about them denying a Mobil1 rebate, if you submitted a Delvac rebate, you'd need to specify you're talking about the Delvac rebate, otherwise it is implied that the rebate submitted was submitted as the Mobil 1 rebate not the Delvac rebate.

mez

That's why i just buy the oil in store. You get the physical receipt. Had same issue with Mobil and Pennzoil before when buying at Walmart online.

Yeah, this was the first time I'd used it at Walmart. I only did it because their in-store price was higher and I didn't want to waste half an hour of my life getting a price match.
I know, the savings baited you. But in hindsight, now was that "half an hour" worth saving? I'll assume you've spent more than that trying to resolve this, and you aren't finished yet...

mrdctaylor

Honestly, I spent 5 minutes on the phone with them. Another 5 minutes before than posting here. It wasn't a huge deal. Everyone else on this thread has spent more time arguing about random stuff than I spent hassling with it. :)