Did a brake job and got a squeek coming only when

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others mentioned, sounds like something is rubbing. How did you clean the hubs before installing new rotors? Did you lube the slide pins? Fully reset the caliper pistons and at least quick bleed if not flush the brake fluid? After that I would check for rotor run-out and maybe try indexing them on the hubs.

Originally Posted By: buck91
As others mentioned, sounds like something is rubbing. How did you clean the hubs before installing new rotors? Did you lube the slide pins? Fully reset the caliper pistons and at least quick bleed if not flush the brake fluid? After that I would check for rotor run-out and maybe try indexing them on the hubs.

Hubs weren't bad, slide pins were done, pistons were reset. Weird thing is it was quiet this morning and for most of the 22 mile commute to work. Got to work and it just started to faintly do it.

Ride home quiet. So whatever it is maybe it's settling down? My mechanic buddy said it could be a slight rub from the rear pads (where I'm hearing it). My Venza had Springs on the front rotors to separate the pads, rears didn't so they are kind of floating, possible?

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Did you check the back of rotors for scoring?

If it continues, I plan on doing a full disassembly to reinspect and do it all again. I'll hand spin the rear and see if I hear anything

Dust shields bent a little scraping rotor? What type of parking break setup does it use? Brake shoes inside of rear rotor? If so maybe rust or shoes scraping rotor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back