Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any problems and I have been on it for over a year now and have had regular blood work in that time.
There is another channel I follow called Keto Connect and the husband/wife have been on it for 4 years.

Lots of folks have been on it a very long time. Honestly I'm not sure where the myth comes from that it can't be done long-term. I suspect it's ignorant modern medical archaic thinking.
It's a diet that folks with Epilepsy use to help control seizures where medication isn't enough and some of them stay on it their whole lives.
21.gif

I'm also doing fasting with mine as once you become "fat adapted" on Keto you don't get hungry the same way and if you do it doesn't last very long before your body just flips over to burning fat reserves so going an entire week without eating is fairly easy. I'm currently doing 2 days eating 2 days fasting rotation. By the end of the second day of fasting, I feel an immense energy boost and definitely endorphins are present. It's the craziest thing.

I would never have been able to fast if I didn't do Keto fat adaption first, I was always the type to get a headache if I skipped a meal and now I can go 2 days like it's nothing.

Blood sugar / Cholesterol has never been better for both me and my spouse doing this program.

Once I have all the weight gone I'm going to resume eating every day but I will stick to a low carb diet because I feel amazing with this.

Last edited:
My wife tells me that the Keto Diet is popular with a group of her coworkers but she doesn't think that many of them follow it closely or for very long. She knows of one who appears to has lost a lot of weight and is keeping it off.

The prevailing nutritional wisdom seems to be that dietary fiber is important for gut health. Dr Mason doesn't think that dietary fiber is an issue: Dr. Paul Mason - 'From fibre to the microbiome: low carb gut health'

What would your typical daily meals look like?

On the days I'm eating this is what it looks like... We mix it up and there is lots of recipes out there.

Breakfast: Eggs and Sausage/Bacon/Ham

Lunch: Romaine Lettuce or mixed green salad with some sort of fatty dressing like Caesar or Olive Oil / Vinegar or Greek Oil based along with chicken or burger patties and cheese and maybe an Avacado,

Dinner: Sausages, Steak, Chicken, Salmon with a salad or green only steamed veggies, stuffed green peppers (meat/cheese only though), Or Miracle noodle type for pasta with homeade tomato sauce (no sugar other than natural this way). I also do a wicked Chicken Cacciatore cooked in the oven in my homemade Fresh Basil and Garlic tomato sauce. (I'm Italian background)

Snacks: Can be mini pepperoni's / pepperettes, string cheese, regular cheese, olives, pickles, pork rinds (I like spicy), Moon Cheese (I like jack cheese and the cheddar one)

Beverages: Water, Coffee with full fat cream or black, tea, diet beverages with Aspartame (I know), or sweetened with Stevia.

We also make buns for burgers out of Almond Flour so it's extremely low carb and it tastes like Multi-grain.

If we eat out our go-to's are: Chipotle without the beans/rice and double Chicken in a bowl, Mcdonalds sausage mcmuffins without the bun (served on a tray), grilled chicken or steak or salmon and green veggies or a salad, chicken souvlaki with salad instead of rice/potatoes, burgers without the bun and usually with bacon. Wendy's is excellent for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back