DHMO - environmental hazard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a serious problem that should receive more funding to address. Especially since it falls from the sky so often, well not here, but I have hears rumors of its existence.

LOL! just like the mustard gas used during WWI (*primarily chlorine based), people would spread the rumour that the Chlorine in Sodium Cloride (NaCl) would kill you also.

Now, what about H2O, you say? Isn't that supposedly explosive as well (just because common water is also known chemically as H2O?)?

http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
To OP: shouldn't this topic be posted/moved into humour/joke section instead?

Q.

I don't know, Q, we're talking about the major component of acid rain, something that is universally found in cancerous tumors, and a chemical that is highly corrosive to many metals.

@OP: as a plumbing contractor, you have every rights to be concern RE:DHMO. Afterall: aren't you dealing with it on a regular basis, more so than anybody else on this earth?

Yes, I agree that you have all the rights to be of concern. Me? Not so much. Afterall: my critical thinking has been fooling me all along with this said subject.

Q.

No I don't think so! I just swallowed some this morning and I'm about to do it again! Look at me, I'm fine!

Bwahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder when they'll force public utilities to stop emissions of DHMO into municipal water supplies.

Don't be fooled - DHMO is a chemical and it can cause severe harm. Inlalation of excessive amounts of DHMO kills an average of 3,500 Americans every day.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
California has restrictions on DHMO.

California has done a good job of reducing the amount of DHMO in the environment. At the current rate of reduction DHMO levels in California could be reduced to a non-hazardous level in 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back