DHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used them to ship some GC, Its taken them 3 weeks to get it from charlotte, nc to Wyoming....its officially scheduled to be delivered thursday.....UNBELIEVABLE

That IS a snail's pace...maybe they shoulda put GC in the engine of whatever is hauling it...even an aircraft!

IIRC, DHL is basically the German Postal Service. (Not positive about that, though.) You'd think they'd do a better job delivering German Castrol!

I think that all woodland creatures, including elves, were afraid of flying. Now, if we could find some oil that is made by faeries, that stuff would always arrive overnight.

DHL just hires kids of the street with no experience so that they can pay them about 50% of what UPS or FEDEX pays. There drivers are terrible and don't have any experience and neither does any of there staff....Their management are chimps...(ever seen that commercial during Super Bowl?)

They suck. Marriott corporate used them to exclusively send documents, time sheets, reports, etc.

When I was working for a Courtyard, the DHL driver used to come in late all the time. Looked like the Cuban dude from Half Baked. One day I called for a pickup, for a guest, at 8:30am Friday morning. DHL never showed up. Called before I left at 3:30pm and talked to a dispatcher. Found out "our" driver decided to start his weekend a few hours early. They made him come back, pick up the delivery van and get the package. I was told he showed up around 6pm and he was ******.

Biggest reason the lag behind the big two. They aren't union. I have my days with FedEx, too. FedEx has the worst tracking system.

I have used UPS for several years to sell stuff online, send in my UOAs, and ship stuff back and forth from/to family. No problems ever.
smile.gif
UPS has my business.

I'm the fellow BITOG member who was not very patiently waiting, and it is true I was ******. I talked to the DHL driver today at my neigbors house and he said they had to send it back because they damaged it. (an advantage of a small town, the drivers know what they send back) You really have to try to break open a plastic oil bottle. They are tough. DHL managed never the less.

quote:

Biggest reason the lag behind the big two. They aren't union. I have my days with FedEx, too. FedEx has the worst tracking system.

Fedex drivers are non Union. Only their pilots belong to a Union. The problem with DHL is, they are all contract workers. None of them actually work for DHL. They just wear DHL uniforms.

how is it that im the last one to find out that the oil i sent was damaged and basically gone......i still havent heard from DHL....

Crimsontide - I feel your pain. I'm dealing with a damaged UPS shipment right now.....the customer is being patient, and has moved, etc. But I'm like the last to know.

DHL does suck.

USPS sucks except their media rate and handiness, etc. Their so called tracking doesn't work.

UPS damages a LOT of shipments. But are fairly reliable, tracking is OK.

FedEx damages less, are on time and I've had no issues with their tracking.

what sux is that i am just trying to help people that cant get GC....i can ship for free and only charge what i pay for it.....i do it to help not to make money.....for whatever reason GC is in abundance in charlotte....

I've had a book get lost by USPS media mail, I agree I've used their tracking and usually it says something along the lines of Electronic Label Created or something like that until the morning that I receive it and then it took a day after I received it for it to show up as delivered. I've used UPS whenever I've been able to and I've never had anything sent through FedEx so usually I receive through those carriers. My UOAs go out through USPS though.

"what sux is that i am just trying to help people that cant get GC....i can ship for free and only charge what i pay for it.....i do it to help not to make money.....for whatever reason GC is in abundance in charlotte...."

Every kind effort will be met with disaster of some sort it seems.

Try to do a good thing and it often goes bad, but don't let that get you down, just change carriers. The brown truck seems the best to me though they have some troubles too.

Kudos to you Crimsontide for trying to help. John

They all have problems.

I handle shipping for my company. UPS is the most reliable, but yes, they lose packages, damage things, and have some incompetent people working for them.

DHL is usually as good as UPS, but they have some hidden fees they tack on for international shipments.

Fedex is far behind the other two in service. They lose packages the most often in our experience, and any call to customer service takes hours longer than it should, when you factor in the time spent on hold and the number of calls it takes to get them to do things right.

My advice is to call DHL customer service and explain the situation. Don't settle for "we know we made a mistake and it will be there tomorrow." They failed on their guaranteed delivery date, and they are liable for the first $100 of merchandise shipped, unless you insured it for more.

Make sure you talk to someone who will find out all the details and personally see to it that the situation gets resolved. They have people whose job it is to do that, but the first line of customer service people, as in any company (UPS included), are just there to get you off the phone.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back