DG AquaWax or Meg's Ult. Quick Wax -Durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might to a quick ONR (Rinseless) wash, clay (NanoSkin sponge) and seal and wax on the Bimmer today (car is only mildly dirty, with a few tar/bug spots, where I will use some Poorboys' bug squash before ONR wash).

After the Blackfire Crystal Seal (sealant), I want to top it off with a wax:
I only have 2 spray waxes available:
Duragloss Aquawax and Meg's Ultimate Quick wax.

Which of these would provide LONGER protection?

Yes. I do. That's why i said I only have these 2 spray waxes right now.

I only meant THESE 2 SPECIFIC spray waxes compared to each other
(...UNTIL I obtain a "real" wax. I normally order online and obviously don't have time now as I didn't plan to detail the car today. I just want something to hold me over UNTIL I obtain the real wax online.)

I use meguiars ultimate wax (paste) and the qiuk wax spray. I like them altho I thing $10 for a spray wax is a waste. Wiped my car down with it twice and its over half empty. Might not seem like much but I rise off the car every week and simple use the spray wax every other week.

I would say meguiars. But I strongly recommend their ultimate paste wax tho.

Thanks. Think I will go with the Meg's SW for today until i decide on and order some 'real' wax.

Is the Meg's paste wax easy to apply and remove ?

Last edited:
I am a big Meg's fan. Their ultimate wax in liquid or paste is super easy to use and rivals collinite for durability. I think you'll like it.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I use meguiars ultimate wax (paste) and the qiuk wax spray. I like them altho I thing $10 for a spray wax is a waste. Wiped my car down with it twice and its over half empty. Might not seem like much but I rise off the car every week and simple use the spray wax every other week.

I would say meguiars. But I strongly recommend their ultimate paste wax tho.

Please don't take this a criticism... just trying to save you a buck. I use Meg's D156 (same thing as Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax, just in bulk size) quite a bit. You should ONLY be using 1- 2 sprays per panel... 2- 3 tops for a hood. The stuff spreads quite far... so going through a half-bottle after two maintenance washes is a little severe.

It's make up is also synthetic... so it's not really a *wax*.

Honestly, I just buy the Eagle One Nanowax when it is on sale at my local parts store. The stuff works pretty well for me.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird

It's idiot proof, super easy to use and looks great. But the durability compared to something like collinite 476s is a joke.

Both of those are sealants, neither one contains wax. A true spray wax would be Optimum Spray Wax and it has very good durability. What you are doing now is putting a sealant on top of a sealant. I don't know if there's any benefit or not. I guess another layer couldn't hurt but sure don't see it as a necessity.

Thanks!

I really didn't know that Meg's UQW is not a wax, but a sealant.
Guess I'll just use the Meg's for now and order some OSW for later.
Just don't want to expose the BFCS sealant until I get the OSW.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Originally Posted By: 97tbird

It's idiot proof, super easy to use and looks great. But the durability compared to something like collinite 476s is a joke.

Most products wont last as long as 476. However, Meg's ultimate will hang with many durable products. Plus, it's dummy proof. Saying the durability is a joke compared to 476 isn't really fair. It doesn't last as long, true, but it lasts longer than any other otc product. Two coats and enjoy for several months. Top it with UQW every few washes and it really extends the life.

Agreed. I use 476 and I am well satisfied. I think the shine is a little better too. But there's a law of diminishing returns at work. If you are going to wax your car carefully every four months, there is something to be said for the product that is easier to apply and available in stores.

Well I got the Optimum Car Wax today and put on a coat, will see how it does. (This is on top of the Meg's UQV).
VERY shiny and slick to the touch !

I've found Meg's Ult spray wax (well, technically I used Detail synth express spray wax) to last an impressively long time for a spray wax. But that does not mean it compares to the durability of any half decent liquid or paste.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I've found Meg's Ult spray wax (well, technically I used Detail synth express spray wax) to last an impressively long time for a spray wax. But that does not mean it compares to the durability of any half decent liquid or paste.

Most of the better spray sealants have comparable durability to the creme or paste type products.

I'm tempted to buy a gallon of Meguiars D156 to round out my order. It's $20/gal.

How long is this stuff lasting...a few weeks?

I like it. Use it on my truck after washing, but that usually has a good wax/sealant base also. On the beater car itll last a couple weeks- lasts longer than m06 cleaner wax imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back