Dexron VI - Castrol or Super Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get Castrol or SuperTech Dexron VI for the same price. The SuperTech is made by ? and the Castrol says BP Lubrication Procucts on the back. Which should I choose, and why?

Where do you get Castrol for the same price as super-tech?
20.gif

I'd go for the Castrol..

Originally Posted By: BimmerMan
Where do you get Castrol for the same price as super-tech?
20.gif

At AA with the $10 off of $25 coupon.

The performance differences between licensed Dexron-VI are minimal, if at all. I would use the SuperTech branded one-- it only costs $3.77/qt at the local Walmart.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I would use the SuperTech branded one-- it only costs $3.77/qt at the local Walmart.

Too late. Just got back from AA and got 8 quarts of Castrol Dex VI for $3.63/qt. after tax.

For the same price? Castrol of course. The only reason to buy store brand mystery maker products is to save some money. If there is no savings, don't even think about it.

BTW, Castrol has been owned by BP for many years now.

Castrol for sure! Contracted operations (i.e. Supertech made by some poor soul on a low margin and getting beaten mercilessly by Wallyworld) and quality assurance are not always complimentary concepts. This decision is REAL easy when both are the same price.

I got my fluid changed out today, and now I have another question. Places like O'reilly and Autozone will take used engine oil for recycling, but what about ATF? Anybody know?

In arizona along with many other states you can combine ATF,Motor oil,P/S fluid etc without issue. Ask someone there. They should know.

Originally Posted By: syn_all_the_way
I got my fluid changed out today, and now I have another question. Places like O'reilly and Autozone will take used engine oil for recycling, but what about ATF? Anybody know?
Here, AZ and AAP will NOT take ATF. Had to take it to the local county recyling center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back