Dexos2 (not Dex1 gen 2) in a non-turbo GDI?

"Ferocious"? With 310 hp and 3700 lbs?
Actually the certificate says 3530 lb, the LaCrosse design team supposedly removed over 300 lb from the 2010 - 2016 model with the complete chassis and engine redesign. Some of the owners with the standard 18" wheels complain that the ride isn't smooth enough for the car they thought they were getting (I lucked out since most of where I drive has relatively smooth roads). The ones who got the 20" wheels with the magnetic ride control comment about how truly rough the ride is, comparing it unfavourably to any sports cars they've owned. A lot of it comes down to this sprung weight reduction, seems like Buick was targeting buyers from outside their typical older/ restrained driving style luxury car owners.

I recall some of the automotive magazines testing 5.7 - 5.8 second 0-60... But to get there you have rapidly go to WOT with the ~15:1 overall 1st gear to spin it above ~ 4500 rpm. It's kind of surprising how the power output characteristic changes from leisurely loafing along in the 1200 - 2000 rpm up to near the top of the rev band. Kind of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hide.

Actually the certificate says 3530 lb, the LaCrosse design team supposedly removed over 300 lb from the 2010 - 2016 model with the complete chassis and engine redesign. Some of the owners with the standard 18" wheels complain that the ride isn't smooth enough for the car they thought they were getting (I lucked out since most of where I drive has relatively smooth roads). The ones who got the 20" wheels with the magnetic ride control comment about how truly rough the ride is, comparing it unfavourably to any sports cars they've owned. A lot of it comes down to this sprung weight reduction, seems like Buick was targeting buyers from outside their typical older/ restrained driving style luxury car owners. . . .

Oops. I don't think I'd have been as happy with a '17 then. The roads here often look like they've been shelled by an invading army.

On the original topic, I'm heading to WM tomorrow to see which dexos1 and dexos2 oils they have, and maybe pick up an AC Delco filter for my car.

Actually the certificate says 3530 lb, the LaCrosse design team supposedly removed over 300 lb from the 2010 - 2016 model with the complete chassis and engine redesign. Some of the owners with the standard 18" wheels complain that the ride isn't smooth enough for the car they thought they were getting (I lucked out since most of where I drive has relatively smooth roads). The ones who got the 20" wheels with the magnetic ride control comment about how truly rough the ride is, comparing it unfavourably to any sports cars they've owned. A lot of it comes down to this sprung weight reduction, seems like Buick was targeting buyers from outside their typical older/ restrained driving style luxury car owners.

I recall some of the automotive magazines testing 5.7 - 5.8 second 0-60... But to get there you have rapidly go to WOT with the ~15:1 overall 1st gear to spin it above ~ 4500 rpm. It's kind of surprising how the power output characteristic changes from leisurely loafing along in the 1200 - 2000 rpm up to near the top of the rev band. Kind of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hide.
You are being quite optimistic with 5.7-5.8. Still far from "ferocious" (maybe for a Yugo, or that fantastic east german hotrod , the Trabant). LOL. Most mags claim 6.0-6.2 (for the Lacrosse). Add fluids etc and its probably 3700.
Owners not getting a smooth ride? Doesn't get more cushy than a big Buick. This thing was built for the ride these gentlemen are looking for.

You are being quite optimistic with 5.7-5.8. Still far from "ferocious" (maybe for a Yugo, or that fantastic east german hotrod , the Trabant). LOL. Most mags claim 6.0-6.2 (for the Lacrosse). Add fluids etc and its probably 3700.
Owners not getting a smooth ride? Doesn't get more cushy than a big Buick. This thing was built for the ride these gentlemen are looking for.
Buick has changed its aims. They are trying, as CentAm said, to appeal to a younger demographic who've grown up with "sporty" (read, "stiff") suspensions. My '11 Buick Regal with its low profile tires on 18" wheels rode a bit harder than did my 3 Series '15 BMW on its runflat Continentals and 17" wheels, and Buick even offered 19" and 20" wheels on the Turbo and GS models. (They never marketed the car properly, and hardly at all toward the end of the production run. They shouldn't have been surprised it never sold that well. They had a car that could have compared well with sportier cars, but never talked it up.) I'm not surprised that the '17-'19 LaCrosse was not aimed at the traditional Buick buyer.

Now of course Buick is all about SUVs, and I expect the Enclave at least has a good smooth ide.

Oops. I don't think I'd have been as happy with a '17 then. The roads here often look like they've been shelled by an invading army.

On the original topic, I'm heading to WM tomorrow to see which dexos1 and dexos2 oils they have, and maybe pick up an AC Delco filter for my car.
Lots of Dexos 1 oils in WM. Pennzoil Platinum Euro L is probably the only Dexos 2.

Back