dexos1 Gen 2 License D10386HG025

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think somebody has done something like this before, apologies if this is a duplication...this is a list of all the 5W30 oils on the d1G2 list with the license number mentioned above.
Accel Full Synthetic
Amazonbasics
Autozone Aceite Sintetico
Capital Bulk Full Synthetic
Casey's Drive Professional Series Full Synthetic
Federated Auto Parts Full Synthetic
FVP Full Synthetic
Holiday Full Synthetic
Kum & Go Full Synthetic
Lubritek Full Synthetic
MAG 1
Maximo Full Synthetic
Meijer Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic
Parts Master Synthetic
Prime Guard Full Synthetic
Proline Full Synthetic
Pronto Full Synthetic
Roughneck Lubricants Full Synthetic
STP Full Synthetic (they have 2 other 5W30s on the list)
SuperTech Full Synthetic (only one!)
UNO Ultra Full Synthetic
XP Full Synthetic

I took a peek at Harvest King 5W30 and they had a unique license #, I would have bet a few bucks that they were going to be the same as SuperTech 5W30!
I certainly can't say I can prove this means that all these 5W30s are exactly the same, but I gotta think they must be pretty similar. My understanding is that an oil can be certified d1G2 by a vendor showing GM that they purchase a given approved additive package from one of the major suppliers and then blend it with base stocks that have also been approved in predetermined ratios...no need to undergo all the testing if they are only using known and approved ingredients in known quantities.
I can actually fill my browser page top to bottom with Service Pro d1G2 license numbers, they have 9 different 5W30s alone.

https://www.gmdexos.com/owner/brands/dexos1/index.html

Dexos provides licenses on a formulation basis and then allows you to share that license number under what they term a "Rebrand Licence". So yes that means all these products use the exact same formula. Based on the brand list - this looks like it's Warren Distributions licence that they are using.

Originally Posted by Solarent
Dexos provides licenses on a formulation basis and then allows you to share that license number under what they term a "Rebrand Licence". So yes that means all these products use the exact same formula. Based on the brand list - this looks like it's Warren Distributions licence that they are using.

I guess MAG1 is Warren's own brand?

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

I guess MAG1 is Warren's own brand?

Yeah you are right.

Buffalo, Wyoming

K&G.JPG

I wonder how strict they are when it comes to "exact" ? For example, does the detergent additive have to be sourced from company "x" or are there somewhat generic blends of the detergent specified ? Same with all of the other components too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back