Dexos Rated Motorcraft

I noticed this on Ford's website today, never seen a Dexos rated Motorcraft product before. Do you think this is a mistake? No mention of it anywhere besides the picture.

xo0w20qfs-fro.jpg.renditions.original.jpg

If it is from Motorcraft directly, it is almost certainly intentional.

MCSB has been becoming obsolescent and its almost always cheaper to get QSFS or Supertech FS, so I hope this trickles down to retail level.

Plus, I'm sure that by Motorcraft gaining Dexos approval, Ford dealerships could leverage this for Quick Lane service for warrantied GM vehicles.

I'm thinking it's a marketing mix up with whatever Phillips oil this is based off. Can't imagine Ford putting a GM certification on their bottle.

well.. Ford dealers do sell used GM vehicles too.
and some folks will take a car for service to wherever they bought it, regardless of the brand name over the door.

Heck, when I had my neon, the local Ford dealer put new tires on it, and aligned it... they didn't care who made the car, just that my money was green.

I noticed this on Ford's website today, never seen a Dexos rated Motorcraft product before. Do you think this is a mistake? No mention of it anywhere besides the picture.

View attachment 139318
This is just a rebottled Phillips 66 product. It carry’s several specs for domestics.

Funny none of my new Fords came with Motorcraft ® oil filters. They were all Champ look alikes.
You know the old AC/ Delco.

Strange bedfllows

At first glance I thought Champion Labs … here is an old thread

Back