Detailed mom's car/garage queen.

The Mercedes hardly gets driven in the snow but I usually detail all 3 cars twice a year. But, will all the hours I've been putting in at work, I hardly get the time. I used meguiars products, car-pro Iron Decon and Mothers CMX to make this gem shine and be protected against snow and salt. Took me 3 hours to do everything by hand. The Dakota Brown really looks good on this thing.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
The Mercedes hardly gets driven in the snow but I usually detail all 3 cars twice a year. But, will all the hours I've been putting in at work, I hardly get the time. I used meguiars products, car-pro Iron Decon and Mothers CMX to make this gem shine and be protected against snow and salt. Took me 3 hours to do everything by hand. The Dakota Brown really looks good on this thing.
How does an exterior wash/seal (w/o clay) count as a detail? And why/how does that take 3 hrs on a mid-size sedan? This is a 90 min job, tops.
Just curious.

How does an exterior wash/seal (w/o clay) count as a detail? And why/how does that take 3 hrs on a mid-size sedan? This is a 90 min job, tops.
Just curious.
Iron X, clay bar, hand wax and then mothers CMX takes 3 hours. I'm roughly estimating time anyways. Iron X you have to let it sit on the paint for roughly 10 min until it purples up or what have you. Then you gotta "rub" the iron x into the paint with a damp mf cloth.

I also vacuumed the whole inside of the car and clean/conditioned the leather seats and treated the rest of the interior with 303 protection. So, roughly 3 hours

Just curious.
It takes me an hour or more just to setup and do a wash/hydrO2/dry on any of my cars. It would easily take 3 hours to do more with any application of any product, and any interior/underhood/door jamb work. Im not a slouch, but I’m very careful to do panels at a time, keep mitts super clean to avoid marring, etc.

The diesel E250 was available through MY '15? Or perhaps MY '16. I just did a check on Autotrader and it looks like they made the E250 for three years (2014-2016).
Was it that body style? Thought it was the one before this? Finding one in the older body style, particularly with the more traditional grille, and in brown, was impossible for me a few years back when I was looking…

Was it that body style? Thought it was the one before this? Finding one in the older body style, particularly with the more traditional grille, and in brown, was impossible for me a few years back when I was looking…
Oops! You are right. Mosaud1998's mom's car is a W213. I don't think a diesel was ever available in North America.

No. Lunar blue is a very deep blue. On an overcast day, it could be mistaken for a black. Perhaps you are thinking of the Piedmont Green?
Yeah Piedmont green is the color. We looked at one in that color back in 2019. Wasn't really a fan. Reminded us of our dads old 1993 Toyota Tercel. The Tercel was a blueish-green color.

Back