Detailed Jurassic Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me about 4 hours. The Mother's speed clay worked great. Car definitely needed it.

Products used:
Meguiar's Gold Soap
Turtle Wax Seal N Shine
Mother's Speed Clay
Infinity Wax Rubber Wax (only on tires and wheel wells)

Turtle Wax was used on all plastic trim, body and wheels.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks great! I didn't realize you could use the Seal N Shine version of Turtle Wax Ice on plastic trim. I'll have to pick up a bottle. I've been using the previous formula with great results but I've read the Seal N Shine lasts longer.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Looks great! I didn't realize you could use the Seal N Shine version of Turtle Wax Ice on plastic trim. I'll have to pick up a bottle. I've been using the previous formula with great results but I've read the Seal N Shine lasts longer.

Yeah I emailed them about it and they said it can absolutely be used on all plastic trim even in the engine bay. That's one of the reasons I went for it. I like to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks!

Originally Posted by gman2304
Wow! All your hard work has payed off! It looks like a new truck!
smirk2.gif

It sat from 10/2018 through August 2019.

Originally Posted by buster

Yeah I emailed them about it and they said it can absolutely be used on all plastic trim even in the engine bay. That's one of the reasons I went for it. I like to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks!

That's how I am too. I like to use the last amount of products. Keep it simple! I always use the Turtle Wax Wax and Dry on all plastic trims. How does the Seal N Shine Ice compare to the Wax and Dry? What's the difference between the two products?

I'm no detailing expert but I love this Turtle Wax SNS.

You can use it on glass too. I'm curious how it holds up. Last pic is my reflection through the side window. Not bad.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

That's how I am too. I like to use the last amount of products. Keep it simple! I always use the Turtle Wax Wax and Dry on all plastic trims. How does the Seal N Shine Ice compare to the Wax and Dry? What's the difference between the two products?

Good question. The Turtle Wax SNS is a sealant with a little wax mixed in. I heard about it on numerous detail forums and watched several youtube videos about it. It's one of those retail gem products that holds its own against boutique brands at a fraction of the cost. I love it. Super hydrophobic. And you can use it on all exterior plastic, engine bay plastic, windows and wheels. Tough to beat that for $7.

The only boutique product used was Infinity Wax Rubber Wax. It's great for tires. Not glossy at all and holds up well. It's a wax for rubber trim.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Good question. The Turtle Wax SNS is a sealant with a little wax mixed in. I heard about it on numerous detail forums and watched several youtube videos about it. It's one of those retail gem products that holds its own against boutique brands at a fraction of the cost. I love it. Super hydrophobic. And you can use it on all exterior plastic, engine bay plastic, windows and wheels. Tough to beat that for $7.

The only boutique product used was Infinity Wax Rubber Wax. It's great for tires. Not glossy at all and holds up well. It's a wax for rubber trim.

Turtle Wax products are always awesome in my experience. Excellent bang for the buck! I have a bottle of Chemical Guys New Car High Shine Dressing. I wonder how well it'll work on tires? I love your truck by the way, the Frontier Pro 4X is my favorite truck,plus I'm a Nissan fanboi
laugh.gif

Thank you! I didn't do a good job on the tires. I need better applicators for the Infinity Rubber Wax.

11.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This truck WILL get dirty soon. I'm going to take it to Wharton State Forest in NJ. Then Avalon, NJ on the beach.

Thank you! I didn't do a good job on the tires. I need better applicators for the Infinity Rubber Wax.

11.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ALL that in 4 hours? You seriously hustled. Looks awesome!

Thanks. I started at 6:30am and didn't stop until 11am. It needed to be clayed. Truck sat for 9 months through the winter of 2018/2019.
smile.gif

Nice. I started a little after 1pm, power washed the van with purple power vehicle wash, then washed the van with meguiars soap, iron x, dried and applied essence plus.

The van was filthy. Still is in the door jambs and whatnot. Took me 4 hrs 15 minutes to only be half done. But the paint is shiny and protected...

[Linked Image]

If you got two vehicles done in 4 hrs you are really fast!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Nice. I started a little after 1pm, power washed the van with purple power vehicle wash, then washed the van with meguiars soap, iron x, dried and applied essence plus.

The van was filthy. Still is in the door jambs and whatnot. Took me 4 hrs 15 minutes to only be half done. But the paint is shiny and protected...

[Linked Image]

If you got two vehicles done in 4 hrs you are really fast!
cheers3.gif

Looks awesome JHZ. Nice work.
cheers3.gif

I only did one car in 4 hours. The Subaru being so new took me about 2. They both came good, but not to the level most would probably prefer. I was happy with it though.

Looks great !!

Myself, I must be getting old. I haven't even waxed my F-150 yet, had it two months now. I keep taking it to touchless car washes, that's how lazy I've become. Just ten yrs ago I'd have two coats of a high end wax on it within a week of purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back