Detailed a VW that has not been cleaned in years. Before and after.

...99% of these Jetta’s are long gone now. The transmissions are fragile, expensive to fix if you can’t do it yourself, electrical issues like power door locks window regulators etc., keys that only the dealer can program, the performance of the 2.0l is not all that great, along with so so driving dynamics, and then rust and emissions or check engine light issues...

For sure on that! I helped my SIL buy a used 1999 model year Jetta back around 2000. Maybe it was a 1999.5? LOL It was the first of the newer, rounder body style. It was a base model, 2.0, 5MT, etc. She was rough on cars. I remember checking the oil on it for her and finding nothing on the stick several times. Both window regulators broke in the winter, causing the glass to fall down into the doors. Constant check engine lights around the 60-70K mile mark, but it always ran great.

if you do these kind of cars often, a carpet extractor will do a much better job faster. you can pick them up for cheap sometimes at a thrift store.

That was a nasty one for sure. The ridiculous amount of time you had to put into it really shows well.

(y)

Back