Denver and Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Amazon is going to demand huge tax breaks as well as expensive infrastructure improvements from the list of 20 and politicians are going to promise them the moon, the rest of the solar system, and maybe the entire galaxy.

Correct.
This post wins this thread.
It seems good on the surface, but time will tell if any real benefit occurs.

Originally Posted By: GON
Not sure Denver has the pool of people needed to work at Amazon. Amazon puts huge duress on its employees, Denver's recreational substance association conflicts with people being pushed to their limits day in and day out.

You know, there are actually people who live in Colorado that don't use drugs.
I just totally blew your mind, didn't I?

Anyway, it won't matter to Denver/Colorado if Amazon puts an office here.
We will just add it to the already large collection of large tech companies that live here.

Google, Oracle, IBM, and the list goes on.

BC.

In the county I live in, they don't have retail marijuana establishments, and I can't recall seeing or smelling any here. And there are plenty more counties and towns that are the same way.

As someone who used to work in AWS and still frequent on Blind, the rumor is that they are looking for infrastructure (major urban cities instead of suburb) and talent pool (java and python developers, not necessary reputable school graduates), and they expect the cost of living will go up regardless of where they go for the same quality of talents (who doesn't want to go to a gold mine town and work for the only employer).

Supposedly the lead candidates is Austin and Boston, and Toronto if Jeff wants to show the middle finger to someone in the oval office because of the hostility between them (or too many employees got their H1-B status expired or not able to get green card). It would be unlikely to be in the Bay Area.

There are enough pot smokers and alt-coin "investors" in Sea-Tac, that it would not be a problem for Denver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Not sure Denver has the pool of people needed to work at Amazon. Amazon puts huge duress on its employees, Denver's recreational substance association conflicts with people being pushed to their limits day in and day out.

We will just add it to the already large collection of large tech companies that live here.

BC.

Yeah, but I read on the internet that Denver is populated by roving bands of gambling stoners that hate America and will steal our women.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

BC.

Yeah, but I read on the internet that Denver is populated by roving bands of gambling stoners that hate America and will steal our women.

Stoners don't gamble, as it is known to not be conducive to their mellow, man.
We have great snack companies in town however.

BC.

Denver has great snack companies and breweries. I visit every summer, even though the gambling stoners and stoning gamblers are turning it into Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back