Dented Door

I was celebrating Thanksgiving dinner with my son's family last night and someone backed into my 2021 Kia K5. Of course they just took off after hitting it. A cyclist who witnessed it rang the doorbell to tell us. He also got a partial plate number. The neighbour from across the street wouldn't tell us who left his place and accused us of making it up. What a jerk.

What are the laws in Canada for leaving the scene of an accident? I would familiarize yourself with them prior to contacting the Police with a partial plate number.

I was celebrating Thanksgiving dinner with my son's family last night and someone backed into my 2021 Kia K5. Of course they just took off after hitting it. A cyclist who witnessed it rang the doorbell to tell us. He also got a partial plate number. The neighbour from across the street wouldn't tell us who left his place and accused us of making it up. What a jerk.

thought Canadians were nice and neighbourly...

Sorry to hear that. I really hope it's repairable without replacing any parts. Kia is having some major backorder issues now and the K5 is one of the models being hit the hardest. It's not just chips and electronic parts, it's everything. Plus most body shops are booked as it is. Unfortunately it's not a good time for this to happen.

I took it in for an appraisal this morning. They are going to replace the door. I asked about a time line... they said they would be calling today for parts and would get back to me. The appraiser said that she had seen parts take a couple of days to up to four months to arrive. I am glad I can still use the car.