dental insurance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dentalinsurancesecrets.com/

whats up with that, can it really be true that insurance plan makes dental work more costly than just paying out of pocket?

i have always payed out of pocket for any dental work i need. so far this has worked out good as i have never needed any significant work. as i get older i start looking into these types of things. i'm wondering if i should pick up some dental insurance to complement my existing health insurance. i basically know nothing about dental insurance, aside from what i have just read during the last 4 hours of internet based research.

so perhaps it is that a bitog brethren could inform me of the ins and outs of dental insurance as so minimise mistakes i might make.

p.s i have a wiggly tooth that hurts from time to time and need to go in soon to get it checked.

Back before we got blackmailed into carrying private health insurance, we used to self insure (still do for dental).

Better half had about $1500 worth of work done. Dentist allowed us to pay at the end of the treatment.

Asked us who our insurer was. I told him we were paying by visa.

Instant $500 discount.

Probably depends on the integrity of your dentist. I had Delta Dental at work. Most dentists take it. The prices from my dentist are the same with or without insurance. I had around 10 caps done before I retired and instead of paying 7000 bucks I paid 3500 bucks.

Picking a dentist bc he honors an insurance that he has to give discounts to may be a bad idea. I would prefer to have a dentist that does good work.

Originally Posted By: Al
Picking a dentist bc he honors an insurance that he has to give discounts to may be a bad idea. I would prefer to have a dentist that does good work.

Truth spoken.

As far as I know, my dentist charges a fee a portion of which is covered by my insurance. I am responsible for the rest. My annual covered expenses by the insurance are $1500.

I'm sure there are dishonest dentists out there who generate revenues through unnecessary 'treatments'.

I've got Delta too, about the same experience. They won't pay full price for a good dentist, but they do pay a good sized hunk of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back