Denso High Pressure Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

HPFP failed on my Porsche ....

Looks like eBay has super cheap HPFPs scary cheap !?
Rock Auto has one under Delphi Brand
And dealer has rebuilds...

Is Delphi reputable ?

How much longer will you keep your Porsche ?
Spend the $$$ for a quality pump if you plan on keeping it for a while.

What's the cost difference ?

Ya, I think this is one area you don't want to be penny pinching or taking a roll of the dice on eBay. Sometimes that peace of mind knowing you have the proper part and quality part is worth it, instead of saving a few bucks or a even quite a bit.

Last edited:
Sorry Delphi it is.

The price is 600$ vs 1200$
600 - Denso
1200- Rebuilt OE

eBay one 300

I plan to keep car.

Last edited:
Found OE at good price, will stick with that

Thx guys

Was going to say. I generally judge something like that by how hard it is to replace. If its easy to get to and won't leave me walking, I'll sometimes chance a lesser cost (But usually still a 'brand name') over an OEM.

Replacement is not bad ... I'm familiar with car, I had pump out for some other work before

Thx guys !!

Last edited:
No delphi, avoid at all costs, especially on something like this. A failing pump can send metal through the fuel system, its best to stick with OE or equivalent. I have had issues with their stuff, its definitely cheap for a reason. 2 weeks ago did a cam position sensor on an 01 M roadster, fault came back within 25 miles. Replaced with VDO and no issues. Also on my GL, front upper control arm had a differently shaped balljoint, so the joint wouldnt sit flush in the arm. If you send year make and model I can try to source quality aftermarket replacements through my parts guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back