Delvac Extreme 15w40 after 1k mi. 6.7 Cummins

Had a mishap with the line coming loose off the filter relocation kit. Lost all oil, a time or three, scrapped the setup until I have time to figure something more secure than a hose clamp on barb fitting. It's right in front of the turbo, lucky the thing wasn't red hot when it happened.
UOA was just to look for lead/etc to see if I fried the bearings. Seems like I dodged a bullet.
Oil at 1k mi, truck at 36.5k. Pretty much all short tripping, waiting for the DPF to clog and toast everything upstream. Hope it survives another month until I can service the exhaust.
Screenshot (27).jpg

Perma-cool dual 1-16, with a gates hose. They are all the same tbh. Initial install was fine as far as securing the hoses, it was a bad location, ungodly noise from the oil pump made me rip it off. Wound up mounting it to the bed. 20 feet of hose did make the pressure response ever so slightly laggy, maybe a 10th of a second or so.

Looks quite good. Nothing wrong at all.
You are way below any sensible condemnation limits. The wear is very low, as is the contamination. The base is still quite strong too.
Could extend the OCI out a bit more safely for next time. Doubling wouldn't be out of the question.
Motor on!

I used Delvac Extreme in my 18’ 6.7 Cummins and although I didn’t get a UOA I could tell by the sound of the engine that it was happy. I had run Rotella t4, VPB,RT6 15-40, Delvac 1300 and Delo SDE and none of them made the engine sound and run as smooth as the Extreme.

I used Delvac Extreme in my 18’ 6.7 Cummins and although I didn’t get a UOA I could tell by the sound of the engine that it was happy. I had run Rotella t4, VPB,RT6 15-40, Delvac 1300 and Delo SDE and none of them made the engine sound and run as smooth as the Extreme.
Now that you mention it, I did notice the engine is making quite the racket, at least when cold, since I dumped it.

Back