Delvac 1300 Super 15W40 in 03 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
PUUUUUUUUR's like a kitten!! It is so darn quite that if not for the tach I might ty to restart it! It is running smooth as silk and no lose of power at all! Rev's nicely! It must be all the zink!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
PUUUUUUUUR's like a kitten!! It is so darn quite that if not for the tach I might ty to restart it! It is running smooth as silk and no lose of power at all! Rev's nicely! It must be all the zink!

Yeah my 97' Jaguar purrrrs like a JAGUUUUAR should. You should hear my car redline you can hear the fans over the engine sometimes..
smile.gif
smile.gif

quote:

Did you just put it in today or something?

I4 or V6?

quote:

Originally posted by therion:
Yeah my 97' Jaguar purrrrs like a JAGUUUUAR should. You should hear my car redline you can hear the fans over the engine sometimes..
smile.gif
smile.gif

What oil are you using?

quote:

Originally posted by Jelly:

quote:

Originally posted by therion:
smile.gif
smile.gif

What oil are you using?

Delvac 1300S 15W-40. I had MaxLife 10W-40 previously and it ran pretty darn smooth too but the delvac seems even smoother.

I have the I4. To date it has ran Chevron Supreme 10W30, Redline 5W40, Castrol Syntec Blend 15W40 and now Delvac 1300 15W40. Redline was the smoothest and quitest. The UOA (Redline 5W40)got lost in the mail so I will have to redo it. To date all of the oils have been quite but Delvac 1300 is definately only second to Redline for lack of engine noise.

I am going to try for at least 5000 miles on this sample maybe more.I want to see how wheel a dino oil can do in this little I4. I have issues with Toyotas 5W30 6 months or 7500 miles recomendation. I have picked one of the best OTC oils that is widely available. I am trying really hard to give the engine every possable advantage. I think that this engine will have beat this oil up by November reguardless of miles!!! Then M1R 0W30 is going in for winter. I would like to do UOA on this to compare to the 5W40's and 0W30's that I am going to be running.

quote:

The UOA (Redline 5W40)got lost in the mail so I will have to redo it.

Huh? Couldn't they just resend you a copy? Seems to me all the OAs they performed would be in a computer database since that kind of info IS VERY VALUABLE.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

The UOA (Redline 5W40)got lost in the mail so I will have to redo it.

Huh? Couldn't they just resend you a copy? Seems to me all the OAs they performed would be in a computer database since that kind of info IS VERY VALUABLE.

...Didn't make it there in the first place.

JohnBrowning,

I started running Delvac 1300 15w-40 in my Mercury Villager about 4,000 miles ago. I can't believe how much crap it had cleaned out of the engine when I changed the oil after running for 2,000 miles. See link: Link to pictures of sludge in oil filter

I ran Mobil 1 for 80,000 miles in this engine. M1 must have left a bunch of crap in the engine. I ran Rotella 5w-40 syn from 80,000-98,000 and there was just a tiny bit of sludge in the bottom of the filter. When I started running Delvac... well, just look at the pictures.

The engine is now running as smooth and as quiet as the day it was new.

I'm now a believer in Delvac - the next best thing to Auto-RX! :)

Wayne

[ May 17, 2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: wwillson ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back