Delvac 1300 for LT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the oil change tonite in 30 degree weather along with my fuel filter. used rotella 5w40 full synthetic and a napa gold filter that i get for next to nothing (i know the owner) so far the oil pressure is a little bit higher becuase i think this is a true 40w unlike M1. runs smoother and when i pull up the dip stick it smells better
smile.gif
i would like to try the delvac but i don't like that i keep changing oils. im probably going to stay with rotella for a long time now. thanks for everyones help. also what does it mean when you guys say its a group 3 oil?

what are the benifits of running a diesel oil over an oil made for gas engines?

-Brett-

well id figured id update:

my car seized......the opertunity to quiet up thanks to this being a true 40wt rather then a thick 30wt. no more lifter tick when i start her up in the morning, and the oil pressure is 2-3 psi higher. not really a big deal though because my car calls for 7 psi of oil pressure at 1000 rpms
shocked.gif
sorry for asking all of the favors but what is rotellas viscosity rating on the chart.
cheers.gif

-Brett-

sorry poor wording. i meant where in the 40wt range is it? like a thin or thick 40? TIA

-Brett-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back